• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bedding wash on

Remember the old days when you had to go to an office all day and couldn't put your laundry on while you dithered over what to work on next? It was no way to live really. Let's hope we never again descend into such barbarism

Comment

Lawnmower swap at lunchtime.
      It turns out I don't need a ride on and two Hayter 53 Pros, so one of the Hayters is going to the beach house, and the rusty Honda that's there is going to be stripped down for its engine.

Sorry if you don't like this post, but Hayters gonna hate...
      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Sausage rolls for lunch

Now in the fortnightly status meeting with the consultancy. I completely forget it exists the rest of the time, but I suppose they're the ones actually paying so they deserve to find out what's happening now and again

Comment

Them talking about the possibility we might have to start going to the office once a week: "It'd be so nice to meet everybody in person!"

Me: "If it's just a matter of wanting to meet everybody in person, I know several good pubs in that area…"

Comment

On the bright side, the CEO was on the call and mentioned something about them covering expenses if I do have to go to That London

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
              Lawnmower swap at lunchtime.
              It turns out I don't need a ride on and two Hayter 53 Pros, so one of the Hayters is going to the beach house, and the rusty Honda that's there is going to be stripped down for its engine.

Sorry if you don't like this post, but Hayters gonna hate...
              oh hark at him a triple lawnmower household!
              Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                On the bright side, the CEO was on the call and mentioned something about them covering expenses if I do have to go to That London
                perfect explain you need refreshments!
                Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Course finished. Debatable as to the benefit I'll get from it but hopefully I'll pass the exam (not decided when I'll do that yet) and have another thing on my CV.

I brought my chilli plants inside and put them on the living room windowsill as I think it's getting too cold outside for them. I should have sorted a greenhouse type thing as they're very late. One only has one chilli on it and the other has several but are weeks away from being ripe. They should be ready for harvesting by now but the summer hasn't been a good one. The ones my mum gave me never really got going and I am just hoping I can get them to survive over winter.

Comment

Just got pinged that a book I ordered yesterday has just landed in the Locker. I was a bit annoyed it hadn't come earlier, until I remembered that twenty years ago, even Amazon would take a few days to get a book to you, and before that you had to order anything slightly recondite at a bookshop and wait a few weeks; so one can't really complain if it takes twenty-eight hours to arrive instead of twenty

Comment

Friday night special: one of those thick-cut ribeye steaks, with chips, beans and fried onions

Comment

Working...
                      X