• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
    Another GSV oddity, a five wheel car:

https://www.google.com/maps/@50.9895...7i16384!8i8192
    If you look higher up, just above the car, you can see some twigs are repeated too

Comment

The soup continues. I let the pressure go down naturally rather than venting it, just to give it a bit longer in the first stage.

In the interim, I popped up to the Co-op and Wilko for a few bits.

And now the soup has been started on the second stage of becoming, with tomatoes and herbs and so on - oh, and of course the finely-chopped chicken meat that remained, though there wasn't so much of that this time due to the diminutive stature of the fowl. But the flavour in this one comes mainly from the tomatoes and herbs anyway, so I'm sure it'll be fine

Rain's stopped, though whether that's just for now remains to be seen…

Comment

Once the soup was done I reduced it a bit on a low simmer; now it's nice and thick, so I'm letting it cool down a bit before portioning it up. There's room for it in the freezer, but I may have to do some rearranging of the fridge to fit it in there tonight

Comment

Soup divvied up: seven generous portions, and it tastes really nice

Not having a bowl tonight, but I got the bits left on the ladle and the last dregs scraped out of the pot

Comment

In the Chinese

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
              In the Chinese
              Very nice too

They'd abandoned the approach of wrapping the soup container in a paper bag, but have now started doing it again. I find it handy for stuffing the soup thing + lid in once I've tipped the soup into a bowl

Comment

It's been a lovely day out, catching up and generally talking nonsense. I can't remember the last time I was in the Wharf and it felt quite odd being back. I hadn't forgotten any of the finer details of the tube journey there - such as the best places to stand for optimal changes and exits, etc.

Dinner was an early sitting due to the popularity of the new restaurant we were going to but that at least means I'm home at a decent hour with time to digest before bedtime.

Comment

Tonight's major motion picture premiere was Zack Snyder's Justice League (2021). Now you're probably thinking "Didn't he watch Justice League last week?" and you're right, I did; but that's the same but different. For a start, this one is four hours long, which is about twice as much as the other one; and this one is also much better, even though nearly half of it is the same

It's nearly half the same because some stuff that was in the other one as padding isn't in this, so more of it is different. And the extra two hours and a bit covers a lot of ground that should have been covered but wasn't. *hunts through browser history* So most, maybe all, of the problems raised in this (very good) review of the shorter one by somebody I follow on Twitter are addressed to at least some extent in this one

All in all, I'd say if you want to watch a film about this stuff, watch the four-hour-long one because it's much better

And then, as Jeremy Irons was in there, I rewatched Margin Call (2011), partly because he's also in that, but mainly because it's excellent

Goodnight all

Comment

Water temperature

Birs 15.7 °C
                    Rhein 21 °C

Temperature 22.8 °C
                    Sunshine 0 of 10 min
                    Precipitation 0 mm/h
                    Wind speed 4 km/h
                    Wind direction NW
                    Wind gusts 6 km/h
                    Relative humidity 80%
                    Pressure 980 hPa

Currently 21°C, high later or 30°C. And a thunderstorm should hit shortly.

Today we will mostly be eating left over Sri-Lanka slow cooked oxtail curry, (Oxtail is so chear and so tasty) and Vietnamese summer rolls.

Eldest daughter is supposed to start her big stint of practical teacher training at a local primary school. Yesterday sore throat, but by evening had become productive cough and fatigue, so it's not covid (did a test to make sure, and it's not covid. Hopefully she'll be well enough for tomorrow.
                    Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Morning.

Grey.

Dark.

Dank.

Dreary.

Damp.

Sunless.

Warmer at 20.4 deg in here.

1010 mBar, 29.83 in Hg, 70% RH.

Sunday.

Managed to brain myself on the corner of the cupboard whilst putting something back in the fridge.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/m000yn75

Oi! Oi! Oi! My bulgarian baby.

Open Channel D.

Shopping trip to Tesco & Morrisons done, dusted, washed, dried, sanitised & put away.

Raining.

Lunch: roast chicken with sausage and bacon, a yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

9 more buckets of apples picked up & consigned to the compost heap, that's 27 + 5 + 9 = 41 so far, like.

Entertainment: Am Dro without subtitles. That'll be challenging.

Oh, it's the box. Needed to select the channel from the guide.

Glyndwr Way (part). Cwm Nant yr Eira. It's a bit rural.

Oddly it's not raining. The weather must be borked.

Vale of Glamorgan, starting & finishing at Nash Point.

The weather's borked on this one too. Where's the rain?

Caernarfon. A native of which is apparently termed a "Cofi". Who knew?

Finally: Pembroke: Solva, the coastal path, with a young lady who suffered from hypermobility, which sounds like less than fun, unless you're fond of dislocating your knees.

She won. Good that a student got the grand rather than the middle aged old farts.

Tea: Heinz tomato soup with a hint of chilli with Morrisons wholemeal sunflower and spelt toast, bramble jelly sandwich on Morrisons sunflower and pumpkin seed bread (they didn't have any of the wholemeal this week), a yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: "Buchanan rides alone (1958)" with that Randolph Scott. I've watched it before but only remembered bits here & there.

Nice to see L.Q. Jones too.

Parts of the British Touring Car race from somehwere or other on ITV4, interspresed with some porsche carrera proam race on ITV4+1 where some numpty took the sump off an engine with a kerb & produced quite the most impressive fireball.

Some nonsense of the usual sort on Blaze about some mystery or other about Custer's last stand.

They found a bottleneck rifle cartrdge which was supposedly used by the Native Americans but I can't find a picture of a black powder rifle cartridge that looks anything like it.

Particularly not in 1876.

The 44WCF 44-40 is "bottlenecked" if you look closely enough:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/.44-40_Winchester

However that's nothing like the shell case they found.

The Repair Shop S2 E1: violin, camera.

My sister reckons I should move.

Away from the relatives next door.

I'm beginning to think she's right.
                      Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 15 August 2021, 21:22.
                      When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Working...
                      X