• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post

Got to say, the diary people's choice of facts isn't what I'd go for. Today's also the anniversary of the first transatlantic TV transmission, the Gimli Glider, and the discovery of Comet Hale-Bopp, all of which seem a bit more interesting than the result of a cricket match four years ago. But maybe that's just me
    I agree. I have been tempted on many occasions to replace their fact with one that is far more interesting. Maybe when the diary runs out I will do 'Ladymuck's fact of the day' instead and pick things I like the look of

Comment

Morning.

Dry.

Hot. 25.6 deg in here.

White sky.

Wan sun.

1011 mBar, 29.85 in Hg, 67% RH.

Friday apparently.

Smalls in the WM.

Smalls out of the WM and into the TD.

Shirts in the WM.

And now, at 09:34, it's reached 25.7 deg.

Smalls out of the TD and airing in the front bedroom.

Shirts out of the WM and into the TD.

Cottons in the WM.

Shirts out of the TD and roughly iRoned & airing in the back bedroom.

Lunch: poached tomato and scrambled egg on Morrisons wholemeal sunflower and spelt toast (nonblue so far), bramble jelly sandwich on same, red corner yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

26.7 deg in here at 12:29.

Entertainment: Engineering Disasters: the usual gas explosions caused by antique septic cast iron gas mains, what happens when the load breaks free in a 747 cargo aircraft on takeoff from Bagram in 2013 (hint: nothing good but at least they didn't suffer for long).

27.4 deg at 15:06.

Entertainment: Trucking Hell S3 E5: the first ep of S3 I've seen before. Rory not featured.

Tea: Tesco breaded cod, some tinned fruit cocktail, a yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: Discovering Sean Connery on Sky Arts, which served to remind me how much I didn't enjoy Umberto Eco's pretentious twaddle, though it seemed reasonably enjoyable 35 years ago.

Michael Ball's Wonderful Wales on 5 at 20:00.

Strewth it's a bit warm, Bruce.

27.5 deg in here.

I've just had what passes for a "cold" shower & I'm already sweating again.

Entertainment: Elementary S6 E1 on Pick: I had no memory of this until the Bad Man turned up.

I think I got to about E15 before the Sky Box packed up & I cancelled the Sky subscription since all I was watching was Elementary so it seemed a tad expensive for what it was.

It's a glacial 26.3 deg in here now at 22:21.
      Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 23 July 2021, 21:21.
      When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Couple of police knocking on doors the other side of the road. Couldn't quite make out what they were saying. Sounded like a stolen verger.

Makes a change from ambulances.
        bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
        John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

It was down to 23.1°C in here about ninety minutes ago, so I shut the window (which had been open all night) before I had to put a jumper on.

It's now up to 25.1°. Outside has just reached 20°, and the sky is overcast - no sun, which in any case has moved round to the end of the terrace by now. I have no idea where this extra 2° has come from

Comment

It's 23 outside and 22.8 inside.

All windows remain open for the foreseeable. If it rains enough tomorrow one or two may have to close

Comment

Lunch has been the last ( think) of the ham, pea and lentil soup with wholemeal bread

Comment

Warm today. Currently 28C.

Off out this evening with my ex-colleagues from Roche.
                Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Cooler today thank deity.

Today's high was 25 but is currently 23.

One hour to go...
                  "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Today's mooted high of 24°C never happened. It's 20° at the moment, and not going to get any higher

Comment

A bunch of things involving different teams all came together in a series of rushes during the day, with the result that my data pipeline thingy is now deployed to production

It may even be working, but there's no way to tell until we get given access to the data in the place where it ends up, and the bloke who does that has already knocked off for the weekend

Still, a most satisfactory conclusion to what has felt like a long week

Comment

Working...
                      X