• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rain's arrived

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
      I had similar when I last changed opticians. On having a good look at the back of my eye the optician insisted on extra tests because I have (relatively, I guess) a large optic nerve opening.

All the better to see you with! (except not as it actually increases the size of one's blind spot and is a glaucoma indicator)
      They always seem to find something, these medical types. If you try to prevent it by not going to them, they just find more when you finally do

Comment

Mr V's extra special homemade Broccoli and Stilton soup with toast.
        Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

I had similar when I last changed opticians. On having a good look at the back of my eye the optician insisted on extra tests because I have (relatively, I guess) a large optic nerve opening.

All the better to see you with! (except not as it actually increases the size of one's blind spot and is a glaucoma indicator)

Cor look at the optic nerve on her!
          Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
            Left the TV on after lunch, chuntering away with those Australian customs & immigration shows. They've just stopped a bloke arriving from the Sudan with a large suitcase entirely filled with fireworks and cigarette lighters
            What could possibly have gone wrong?

I vaguely remember that one.

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
            Rain's arrived
            Arrived here too, around noon.
            When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Someone set off some fireworks earlier. No idea why.

It appears to have rained at some point.

HWMBO trundled the bins after I was left in agony after eating half a dozen crisps.

Liquids are fine so I'm having cocktails

Comment

Just noticed that my weather app says it's 9 degrees! Summer already?

Comment

Someone set off some fireworks earlier. No idea why.
                  Probably on their way to Australia and saw that chap on the telly, so they decided to get rid

Comment

Ribs and chips for tea

The rain continues, and will apparently do so until around sunrise tomorrow

Comment

I had the whole staff in the opticians looking at my eyes a few years back because my tulip eyesight improved. I then moved to a larger store and for two years had loads of staff checking , though this time I knew they were all opticians.

Roll on last eye test and the new young optician decided that all her more experienced colleagues were wrong and I was in denial about what I could see. (In reality she was pissed she couldn't sell be stuff.)
                      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Working...
                      X