• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post

Don't give 'em ideas.

Have they done the Roman spear thing yet?
    The spear of destiny? Not seen Tilda Swinton yet

Comment

Ribs and chips for tea

Accompanied by a bit of Traffic Cops

And then continuing the police theme, another episode of Forensics: the Real CSI being S2E5, Indecent Exposure; an unpleasant case in which, bizarrely, it proved to be important to establish whether the accused had any pictures of cats on his phone

Another early night now. It's starting to become a habit

Goodnight all

Comment

Fried Salmon, baked potato and cauliflower cheese.

Ents - Attack on wall street = well made revenge thriller.
        Misconduct = Hopkins & Pacino in a good legal & illegal thriller.
        Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Morning denizens

Sunny start out. Currently 16°C with 23° on the cards, 1010/1018mB

And no rain forecast! Not even at a few %

Comment

Morning all

Bright out, clear sky, with just a few cloudy wafts. Currently 18 degrees with a high of 24 later. Barometer up to 1017 mBar.

I've missed two calls from the Track and Trace stazi. I wonder if I'll get told off. HWMBO took a call yesterday and said the questions were exactly the same as when called on Sunday - do you know what you're supposed to be doing etc. Seems a bit silly that they don't record that the traveller has confirmed they know what tests they need to do and when and so have to keep calling to ask.

Today's Kantar diary fact is:
            Alfred Nobel demonstrates dynamite for the first time at Merstham Quarry in Surrey 1867

Comment

Morning.

Dry.

Bright white sky with blue bits.

Sunny.

21 deg in here.

1017 mBar, 30.03 in Hg, 70% RH.

Wednesday.

Walk (abbreviated) walked.

Nice enough if overwhelmingly grey.

Very close.

Flies irritating but bearable.

Lunch: Heinz pea & ham soup, Morrisons wholemeal sunflower and spelt bread, blackcurrant jam sandwich on same, yellow corner yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment in the ennui of the afternoon: Repair Shop, having watched the alternative of "Engineering Disasters" yesterday.

Rum, bum, and concertina.

A 1920s jigsaw.

A cocktail cabinet.

Followed by bits of Engineering Fails, Abandoned Engineering (Titan I missile site).

Freecell score 88%, running average 84% (84.03%).

Tea: the last of the roast chicken & sausage with carrots & onions, stewed gooseberries & custard, a yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: Discovering Faye Dunaway on Sky Arts. I've seen more of her films than I'd realised.

Star Trek: Beyond (2016) wherein NCC1701 bites the dust yet again again.

Dr Pimplepopper: a lady with one thigh three times the size of the other.

Another lady with a strange subcutaneous cyst that look like an eye.

For those with stronger stomachs: "The Toe Bro".

'King Heck.

A "corn" on a woman's toe turns out to be gout.

Fixing ingrowing toenails.
              Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 14 July 2021, 22:05.
              When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Bit of a loony lady overdose. Hung around with 4 loony ladies yesterday, going to loony lady 2's house for "book", ie talking drivel, club this morning, open garden thing with loony lady 1 this afternoon. Hardly see any blokes, all dropping dead or housebound. Must start going back to village club.

Had occasional check on an old email account, it fills entirely with spam & scam. Amusing one from somebody demanding money. Says he hacked my webcam and took videos of me having a ***. If I don't pay in bitcoin he'll send videos to all my contacts. Slight flaw, I don't have webcam. Have done in the past but it was only pointed out the window at the bird table.
                bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
                  Bit of a loony lady overdose. Hung around with 4 loony ladies yesterday, going to loony lady 2's house for "book", ie talking drivel, club this morning, open garden thing with loony lady 1 this afternoon. Hardly see any blokes, all dropping dead or housebound. Must start going back to village club.

Had occasional check on an old email account, it fills entirely with spam & scam. Amusing one from somebody demanding money. Says he hacked my webcam and took videos of me having a ***. If I don't pay in bitcoin he'll send videos to all my contacts. Slight flaw, I don't have webcam. Have done in the past but it was only pointed out the window at the bird table.
                  Well you have your pick enjoy!

Its a common scam they find a hacked username/password from one of the public lists. It will get better they will start saying "Nice car" which may make you laugh.

ignore it and they will go away.
                  Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Lunch has been sardine toasties, specifically, sardines in olive oil, and sesame bloomer. Very tasty

It continues sunny out. Not that any of out there concerns me, as I'm busy in here at the computer
                    Last edited by NickFitz; 14 July 2021, 13:02.

Comment

The Test and Trace people (I got it right the first time ) called and I managed to answer the phone. Seemed like the chap was a bit clueless and struggling to read his script, needing prompts from what I imagine was a supervisor/equally clueless new starter.

Then I received another call asking me if I was at home and that I should stay at home because I was going to get a visit today to check I was at home.

Nice to get warning.

HMWBO has just made me an exceptionally good margarita so I will have to clock off from work soon.

Comment

Working...
                      X