• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ribs and chips for tea

I need to make more of my mango BBQ sauce ones

Comment

Fish fingers and chips for dinner.

A few Oak Island episodes watched. They found what seems to be the edge of the money pit but need better equipment so further excavation parked.

They then got some divers in to clear more junk out of 10X. They're now on the hunt for a diver willing to go through a 27 inch diameter hole 200-odd feet down with nearly zero visibility to see if there really is a chamber down there.

Relationship reparations with the only other landowner, Robert Fred Nolan, leads to more sharing of theories and info, leading to a hole being dug and some wood with a pointy end was found.

Some bonkers person says it's all down to the Azteks.

Then a filler episode where they found the the author of the Reader's Digest article that kicked off the nutty brothers' quest, brought him to the island and all the assorted loons made (and buried) a time capsule.
      Last edited by ladymuck; 8 June 2021, 19:29.

Comment

Oh and trundling was done and about 15 minutes later partially untrundled itself (one bag was poorly placed at the top of the stairs and rolled itself down)

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
          Oh and trundling was done and about 15 minutes later partially untrundled itself (one bag was poorly placed at the top of the stairs and rolled itself down)
          Homing rubbish

Viewing was a bit of Trucking Hell as I ate, but I didn't bother with anything after that. Took a long scroll through the sessions for this year's WWDC now they're up on the Apple website; there's some interesting stuff, but of course I won't have time to watch it

Better get to sleep now, given that Ikea might arrive any time from 7am onwards. Last time I had a delivery from them, it was the bookcases, which arrived at about eight in the morning

Goodnight all

Comment

Morning denizens

Very sunny start today, currently 15°C and heading for 22°, which appears to be the new normal; barometers showing 1016/1024mB, so up slightly I think

No word yet from Ikea on when the delivery will arrive, but if I'm deciphering their order status thing correctly, it's out and about in the back of a lorry. Still not received either a text message saying if it'll be morning or afternoon, or a text message with a "tracking link", so we're down to waiting for the driver to phone about an hour before they're due to get here

Comment

Morning all

Dry, blue sky, high level wispy cloud. Currently 17 degrees, forecast high of 24 later. Barometer down a smidge to 1023 mBar.

There must be road works afoot (when is there not?) as I can smell tarmac

Today's Kantar diary fact is:
              The first British municipal swimming pool outside of London opens in Liverpool 1829

Comment

IIRC they found a lune to dive 10X and that's when I started watching.

Wonderful rant from Stonewall rep on Today at 07:55ish.

Which managed to achieve precisely nothing.

Morning.

Dry.

Sunny.

Cooler at 19.3 deg in here.

1021 mBar, 30.15 in Hg, 65% RH.

Tuesday.

<hiatus>

Walk walked.

Three lawns mown.

Early purple orchid found in next door's lawn.

Lunch: Heinz leek & potato soup with Morrisons wholemeal sunflower and spelt bread, bramble jelly sandwich on same, red corner yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea,

Entertainment: "A lawless street (1955)" with that Randolph Scott chap. And Angela Lansbury before she turned into Frank Sinatra's mother controller in The Manchurian Candidate.

Turns out the detective wandering around the other day really was a detective, since next door but one got burgled, robbed of £2k in cash, and the scrote came back the next night, whereupon he was interrupted by the boyfriend getting up to go for a slash.

Tea: Tesco breaded cod, some tinned mango segments, a yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: DS9 S1 E1: The Emissary.

A bit odd, wrapping around from DS9 S7 E25 the day before & still showing the "New to Pick" logo.

In other news, that crazy Stonewall interview on Today was referenced on PM, not that it shone much light on things.

After a futile attempt at reading a book, watched a thing on BBC4 about something or other agriculture related with Ian Hislop.

Followed by "Massive Engineering Mistakes" which showed how not to design a ferroconcrete bridge in Florida that looks like it's cable stayed but isn't really, how to design the John Hancock tower in Boston so all the glass falls out and it requires a 140 foot excavation down to bedrock before you start (which is different from that tower in San Francisco that optimistically imagined that friction piles would be adequate under similar conditions), how to design a swing bridge, & forget that it's a swing bridge until a barge runs into it thusly derailing a train into a bayou, and finally, how not to design a gas storage system in Spain unless your intention is to create earthquakes.

Ain't Engineering fun?
                Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 8 June 2021, 22:23.
                When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Ents was - with Miss V3 Mary Poppins (original) of course this morning we had to walk like a penguin to gymnastics.

Then Family zoom where it appears my uncle's patio is still expanding however my aunt was on the call so she isn't the reason its bumpy.
                  My Niece has been off kayaking, walking etc. Just talking to her is exhausting!
                  My brother has decided he is the junior partner in the marriage and his wife allowed him to say that.
                  My Dad went to the pub for Sunday lunch at last.
                  My sister has played so much Golf that Tiger woods needs to watch out.

Then Fissure while I cooked & ate dinner Fillet steak, mash mange tout & cauliflower cheese. Not a terrible film, low budget and slightly predictable but good enough.
                  Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Lunch of a roast beef wholemeal bap

Comment

I had two slices of wholemeal toast with butter and jam, washed down with some orange juice, around 11:30 and I'm not feeling very inclined to have any lunch yet.

Comment

Working...
                      X