• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.

Reply to: test please delete

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "test please delete"

Collapse

• NickFitz
    replied
    Telly has been the rest of the thing about Guy Burgess, then the start of Storyville - Silk Road: Drugs, Death and the Dark Web

Soon be Friday! The recycling bin was trundled when I went for my walk at lunchtime. With a bit of luck it will have been emptied when I set off for my walk tomorrow morning, and I need to pick up the monthly prescription whilst out there too. So it's a busy day ahead before I even get started on work

Goodnight all

Leave a comment:

• WTFH
    replied
    Just watched Help on C4.

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Tea turned out to be battered chunky haddock with chips and beans

It'll be getting busy out soon, for there has been football. Gridlock coming this way as I headed out, so shortly there'll be gridlock going the other way. Not my problem

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    The car, which tried to start but couldn't quite manage it, has been jumpstarted with the little battery pack and taken for a charging run, after which I popped into Sainsbury's. Many people still wearing masks; a higher proportion, I think, than in Iceland, to which I popped the other day for some milk. But too many without

Anyway, I only needed a few bits but ended up with many more, as is the way of these things. Lots of it is useful non-perishable stuff though, like kitchen roll and stuff, and some things I got because they've been missing the last few times, so I might as well get them while they're available. Not too many gaps on the shelves, though

With a bit of luck, the next time I need to go there will be after the gig's over in two weeks, when I can go at a quiet time in the day

Now to get dinner on… something out of the freezer, because soup

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied
    First load of laundry primarily comprised smalls and is pegged out to dry. The second load is the whites.

More laundry to be done tomorrow as I CBA to do more today.

Malaysian food ordered in for dinner.

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Still sunny out, though it should cloud over later and get back to a greyness appropriate for the time of year for at least a few days

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied

Afternoon all

Back home, where it's dry and sunny and fluffy cloud about. It's 23 degrees, the high for the day, and my barometer is at 1018 mBar.

Arrived home about 11 am after a good flight and uneventful drive home. Needed a nap before attempting unpacking and laundry sorting.

Today's Kantar diary fact is:
    Lady Mary Worth's comedy play 'Love's Victory' premiers 400 years after it was written, Penshurt Place, Kent 2018

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Walk briskly walked, green ring closed

And before that, lunch was Scotch broth with wholemeal bread

And before that, a busy morning. This gig ends two weeks today, though, so it's bound to get a bit hectic

Leave a comment:

• xoggoth
    replied
    Company accounts been driving me nuts, had a £1500+ error, but fortunately located the link cockup. Now down to £107, can live with that.

Leave a comment:

• DoctorStrangelove
    replied
    Morning.

Grey.

Sunless.

Dry.

Chilly at 20 deg in here.

1014 mBar, 29.94 in Hg, 760.4 Torr, 73% RH.

Thursday.

Walk walked in the intermittent sunshine.

<- Me now & during "Joy of Painting" last evening.

Lunch: Heinz beanz on Morrisons wholemeal sunflower and spelt toazt, bramble jelly sandwich on same, red corner yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: "Return of the Bad Men (1948)" with that Randolph Scott chap and that Robert Ryan guy.

Total historical nonsense but there you go.

Billy The Kid was (allegedly) long dead by the time of the Oklahoma landrush, and there's no evidence that The Sundance Kid ever went to Oklahoma either.

Some minor potching done in the salting house due to knackeredness being somewhat overwhelming.

Some rough weeding done in the bramble decimation and honeysuckle chopping way.

Tea: the penultimate fiery chilli con carne with rice, some fruit salad, a yog 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entetainment: Discovering Bruce Willis: oddly enough they didn't mention the vast quantity of absolute crap he's turned out recently: the infamous one day on the shoot type of crap discussed elsewhere.

The Cold War Spy thing.

Joy of Painting which successfully sent me to sleep. Om.

A short part of Great British Railway journeys which featured a trip on the Blaenavon steam railway.

Some nonsense on More4 about Fix it for Cash, which featured a Blaupunkt Radiogram from the very late 1950s lowboy style.

The chap working on this actually seems to know wtf he's doing which makes a pleasant change. .

He's even got a Variac and a couple of lightbulbs in series to gently apply power without the risk of loud bangs. *

In other news, one of the new security lights is playing up, being on all the time.

If it doesn't buck its ideas up it'll be back to the shop tomorrow.

I hate taking stuff back.

But Chinese crap should work even if it's Chinese crap.

*Well that was uninspiring. I dunno where they find these people but I've never seen anyone dismantle a switch bank before.

Or add bluetooth to a 60 year old radiogram.

Never mind, apparently it sold for £600 to some idiot or other.

A programme even more dubious than the Repair Shop thing,
    Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; Today, 21:34.

Leave a comment:

• WTFH
    replied
    Morning all The earlier mist is burning off nicely. Looks like it's going to be a good day to cancel late afternoon meetings.

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Morning denizens

Turned the early alarms off so I could have a bit of a lie-in, as it's not like I do anything in particular when I wake earlier; I probably could do with the extra sleep more then the extra doomscrolling

Feel moderately refreshed thereby

It's a sunny start out, though still only 13°C; it's expected to reach 21° later, no rain is predicted, and the barometers are up a bit at 1009/1017mB ​​​​​​​

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
    Ah, probably not ragweed then. Perhaps it's nettles growing along the embankment either side of the railway bridge, a hundred yards or so away

Telly tonight has been the rest of the Icelandic murder thing, which seems like a 1970s fit-up in the finest traditions of policing back then, followed by the start of Storyville - Toffs, Queers and Traitors: The Extraordinary Life of Guy Burgess

The lurgy has finally worn off for the most part, having tired me out enough that I'm getting an early night

Goodnight all

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Club runs again tonight after spending the day talking about one of the six systems we will be migrating to

Dinner was cod and mushy pea fiscakes with Asparagus. Very nice. As I got a load of Asparagus we now have soup on the hob.

Realised I had been unfair to the Voyeurs it actually had a decent twist at the end and the lead actress is rather gorgeous in a "girl next door with big frontage" kind of way. Worth a watch.

Currently on "The Somme 1916 from both sides of the wire" (iplayer) - interesting.

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post

Er, isn't ragweed a septic thing?

We have ragwort in this country which isn't quite the same thing.
    Invaded years ago, apparently

But apparently nettles and dock, among other things, can also produce a fair amount of pollen at this time of year.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X