• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Morning.

Dry (as in not currently raining).

White sky.

Sunny.

Warmish at 17.8 deg in here.

1006 mBar, 29.7 in Hg, 56% RH.

Wednesday.

<hiatus>

Walk walked.

It was quite pleasantly warm.

Lunch: poached tomato and scrambled egg on Morrisons sunflower and pumpkin seed toast, 2x bramble jelly sandwiches on same, red corner yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: "The Nevadan (1950)" with that Randolph Scott geezer again, this time without missing the first half hour.

"Trucking Hell" S2 E8.

Gosh. This explains a lot:

https://www.vulture.com/article/rand...tt-movies.html

I have a depressingly large number of their dvds.

Though I have learned to avoid anything with Bruce Willis in it unless it's 25p.

Tea: the last of the roast chicken and sausage with carrots & onions, a few tinned peach slices, a yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: "Discovering Dean Martin" on Sky Arts.

The commentary on "Elizabeth the Golden Age" wherein the director fails to explain why it's so historically inaccurate.

Dr Pimplepopper: a chap with a 12lb 9oz lipoma on his back. That was one big mother****er & no mistake. Then he needs a pee before she's finished. He's got a drain in the wound too. First time we've seen that.

Now a chap with severe psoriasis. Controlled with a set of self injected magic. Remarkable.

Then a Latina with a cyst on her shoulder: full of what looks like minced beef.

Detonators on DMAX: blowing up a Glasgow highrise and a Pennsylvania bridge.

Gosh, the things you can do with shaped charges on a steel bridge.

And the HotShot(tm) detonation system certainly seems to do the business in terms of detonations timed to the millisecond.

Very impressive detonation of the tower blocks considering the difficulties of the site.
    Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 12 May 2021, 22:49.
    When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Wednesday
      No it's not, it's November!
      bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
      John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Lunch has been roast pork from the other night with apple sauce in a wholemeal bap

I used my new electric slicer thing to slice the whole of the remaining joint into pretty thin slices. It does a very good job, and I've managed to keep my fingers out of the rotating blade so far

Though I did discover last night that I've already got a whole load of sliced roast pork in the freezer. Looks like I'll have to have it for a lot of lunches, maybe even make some dinners with it

Comment

Lunch was delicious. Almost felt civilised except you can only get a glass of wine with your food if you're prepared to sit outside. I had thought Scotland allowed booze inside, seeing as you're allowed to eat inside, but that's not coming in until next week.

So, instead of being asleep, I'm awake!

Rain started just after we were sat, got heavier, went almost horizontal for a while, then vertical, then eased up, then the sun came out and steam could be seen coming off parked cars. A typical Glasgae day. By that time we were finished and it was safe to go outside again.

Comment

Walk briskly walked, green and red rings closed

No blue ring yet as I've been beavering away at my desk all day

It's a very pleasant evening again, 16° and fairly sunny, though I think it's getting cloudier and there's dire prognostications of rain overnight, again

Comment

Tea has been ribs and chips, just for a change

And also for a change, it was accompanied by a bit of Police Interceptors from up the road in Nottingham

And I'm very pleased as I've taken on a minor task for the current project at ClientGov which seemed as if it might be a bit gnarly, but on investigation I've discovered an exceptionally straightforward and elegant way of doing it after a bit of a dig through Django's source code on GitHub and then single-stepping through its nether regions to check I had the right idea

Comment

The rest of the cop show was watched, but that was it for telly tonight.

Tired again. This getting up early has its disadvantages

Goodnight all

Comment

Morning denizens

Grey start, and the forecast is for showers starting in an hour or so and continuing at likelihoods ranging from 30% to 80% through the day and night

Currently 9°C with 15° expected, barometers much of a muchness at 997/1004mB

Had a decent night's sleep, waking at 6:30 without the aid of any alarm. I'm thinking of maybe using the extra time to go for my walk, or at least part of it, now rather than leaving it until the potentially rainy evening. Probably won't though

Comment

Surprisingly: walk briskly walked, green ring closed

Nice and quiet out there still; a few dog walkers and some early schoolkids on their way in, but generally uncluttered pavements

Now having a round of buttered wholemeal toast

Comment

^^^ There's something strangely satisfying about a walk at that time of day.

Quite odd really.

Morning.

Grey.

Dark.

Dank.

Dreary.

Dreadful.

Wet.

Sunless.

Grey sky.

Colder at 16.7 deg in here.

1005 mBar, 29.677 in Hg, 56% RH.

Thursday.

The recycling engineers passed by earlier.

The book of the week on R4 was rather affecting earlier.

Poor "old" cuttlefish, they don't get to live as long as Roy Batty.

The Three "R"s: https://www.thegoodlifecentre.co.uk/...f-hand-skills/

Reading, Wrighting, and Wroughting.

Well there's a thing.

Must be why the Esteemed Customers needed to be told which end of a soldering iron to hold. .

A reference inspired by the R4 Fixit programme from the other day.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/m000vwqw

I see they didn't mention the skill needed to replace a ball grid array chip.

<hiatus>

Walk walked in the grey, but sans rain, which was good.

A shorter one today since I didn't feel like plodding through mud.

Lunch: Heinz pea & ham soup with Morrisons sunflower and pumpkin seed bread, bramble jelly on crust of same, yellow corner yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

I seem to have been afflicted with the NF meh feeling of not being quite up to scratch, with the added advantage of my joints being painful enough to stop my evening exercising.

Entertainment: "Trucking Hell" sans Rory.

Tea: the first of the lamb mince chilli con carne with rice: one can tell it's made of lamb mince but it was reasonable enough in its way, some tinned peach slices, a yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: "Discovering Peter Sellars" on Sky Arts.

"Discovering Michelle Pfeiffer" on Sky Arts. (It passed the time).

Eps 2 & 3 of the Cold War thing on Sky Arts.

Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 13 May 2021, 19:49.
                      When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Working...
                      X