• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think my calendar's broken. It feels like it's been weeks since the Bank Holiday, yet it's claiming it was only three days ago

Comment

Extension until the end of May - another two weeks in the bank

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
        Extension until the end of May - another two weeks in the bank

Comment

HWMBO has to attend a family zoom call and so I have been entrusted with putting dinner in the oven

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
            HWMBO has to attend a family zoom call and so I have been entrusted with putting dinner in the oven

Comment

what?? i wanted to say WLMS but now i've got two quotes and multiquote doesn't work.
              WTF happened to WTFH?

Comment

There's been an 11th hour reprieve: HWMBO didn't manage to finish prepping it in time

Comment

Walk briskly walked, all rings closed

I popped over to Iceland for a couple of cheaper-than-Sainsbury's bits this afternoon so the watch had already credited me with a few minutes of exercise. So I took a slightly shorter route, but on the way I passed a polling station, which reminded me I needed to vote, but I hadn't brought my polling card (though I suppose you don't really need it). Then, coming home, I checked the spare recycling bin in the side road where I dumped my boxes yesterday, and it still had plenty of room.

So I came in, grabbed my recycling (which hadn't been put out for a couple of weeks because of the neighbours producing loads of it), my polling card, and a pencil. Down again, popped the recycling in the bin, back the other way to the polling station (two corners along), did my civic duty, and finally home - and I ended up with roughly the same clocked up on the watch as if I'd done the normal route, but with added useful things done

Comment

Just remembered I need to be on Sainsbury's Delivery Watch from 21:39

Better have dinner early

Comment

Oh, today's other excitement has been fixing a car key

I've got two identical keys for the Toyota, and the buttons long since fell out of both of them, so I have to poke at the microswitches through the buttonholes. But when I've just trimmed my nails, I often have trouble reaching them - especially the Lock button. This happened last week at Sainsbury's, and in the end I had to use another key to poke at it.

Then, when I got home, I found that although it had worked, this had caused the top of the microswitch to fall off so the car couldn't be locked remotely with it; I had to lock it using the keyhole, like an animal, then come in and get the other key to lock it properly

So I had a look on Amazon, and it turns out there are many replacement kits available for c. 2001 Toyota keys, depending on which parts you need. I ordered one to be going on with which arrived today.

So the still fully-functional key now has new buttons, and unlike the originals these are connected on a very thin rubber mat, so it's almost impossible for them to fall out

There's also a couple of replacement microswitches in the kit. I've never tried soldering something as tiny as a microswitch, but the other key is useless with that one broken, so I'll give it a go at some point as I like to know I've got a spare key. If I mess it up, no great loss. But I'll watch/read a few more tutorials first and maybe find something to practise on, once I've got around to buying a soldering iron with a very fine tip

Comment

Working...
                      X