• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Assorted pairs of trousers have been laundered

Comment

Season 1 of Trucking Hell complete.

Now listening to BBC Sounds, catching up on a few radio programmes I missed / didn't pay attention to in the week.

Comment

Supposed to eat fish on Good Friday, but I don't have any apart from fish fingers. So I had ribs and chips

Made a change; these were with the mango-based BBQ sauce I invented, which is really nice

Comment

Just remembered the bins, but venturing out to the street I discovered I was too late. So no recycling bin for us this week

Comment

Tonight's viewing has been a couple of episode of Trucking Hell

Early night now ready for the journey south tomorrow morning.

Goodnight all

Comment

German film was pretty funny - though rather Germanic in humour of course. Didn't have dinner - not hungry - just some cheese cake, a few pringles and a couple of beers.

4C this morning, still sunny.
              Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Morning denizens

Grey start, currently 6°C heading for 10° by teatime, 1024/1032mB

Up betimes, gulping down coffee and generally trying to get organised for the journey south

Comment

Morning.

Dry.

Sunny.

Blue sky.

Cold in here at 16.9 deg and a lot colder outside.

Woke at 03:05, read book for a while, tried to go to sleep, read books some more & finished it, then slept fitfully until 09:00.

Ho hum.

Saturday.

Forgot to bring in the blanket off the line last night.

Maybe I'll remember today.

1031 mBar, 30.44 in Hg, 56% RH.

<hiatus>

Sunday Saturday shop done, forgot to buy yogs but there you go, yogless.

The abbreviated list of comestibles was duly washed, dried, sanitised, dried again, dusted, and put away.

Walk walked.

For the 2nd day running the viewlesspoint was reached (since it's dry).

Lunch: a Ginsters Vegan Moroccan pasty, Heinz tomato soup with a hint of chilli plus Morrisons sunflower and pumpkin seed bread, bramble jelly sandwich on same x 2, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

<hiatus>

Just received an Xmas card (Bah! Humbug!), posted 20/12/2020, from my friend Andrea.

I do wish she'd put her address on the damn thing so I could send one back.

And took the ten minutes required to fill in the census on line, having received the threatening letter earlier this week.

I don't like to rush these things.

The Census Taker chap turned up one year, but luckily for him I'd already filled it in so the fava beans & chianti were redundant.

Tea: the first portion of yesterday's bol with a helping of spag, a yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: I considered "Flightplan" but ended up with "The Silence of the Lambs (1991)" with that Jodie Foster and Sir Anthony Hopkins, there's tidy then.

Followed by the remake of "Red Dragon (2002)" with Edward Norton, Harvey Keitel, Sir Anthony Hopkins, and Ralph Fiennes.

Must have taken ages to put that tattoo on his back.

Should sleep well tonight after that little lot.
                  Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 3 April 2021, 22:17.
                  When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Off on my travels, for the first time since who knows when! See you later

Comment

Morning all

Cloudy but dry. Currently 7 degrees ('feels like' 5) with a forecast high of 11 later. The sun may make an appearance. Unlikely to rain. Barometer up to 1030 mBar.

Had another rubbish night's sleep, not helped by the folks upstairs at 2 am. However, I do have a meet up with friends of mine at 1 pm - we're heading to Kings Cross and the gentrified area behind it that has a few take away eateries open and hopefully somewhere to sit. It's by the canal too so should make for a nice vista. I have been chilling a bottle of fizz, and put its jacket in the freezer, just to be absolutely sure it doesn't warm up.

Today's Kantar diary fact is:
                      Lori Lightfoot is elected as the first female African American mayor of Chicago 2019

Comment

Working...
                      X