• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Watching drivel.

Been watching drivel all afternoon plus the real Queen's and fake Queen's speeches.
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Having eventually finished dinner and given it a while to settle, I'm now planning go for a walk

How far I get depends though; it's 2°C out there, and if it turns out to be at all windy I might decide it's too cold and just turn back

Comment

Paschal Lamb was sacrificial. Slaughter justifiably so.

Unorthodox on the Netflix. Christ, but I'm glad I was never Chasidic. I abhor fundamental religious practices and custom. Secularism is all so pragmatic.
        I was an IPSE Consultative Council Member, until the BoD abolished it. I am not an IPSE Member, since they have no longer have any relevance to me, as an IT Contractor. Read my lips...I recommend QDOS for ALL your Insurance requirements (Contact me for a referral code).

Comment

Walk walked, green ring closed

It's quite nippy out, but there's no lazy wind to make it unbearable. I took one of the easier routes though, missing out most of the bits that pass for uphill around here, so I could go past the Chinese to see if they'll be open tomorrow. Not only will they not be, they won't be open again until Wednesday!

And I've just realised I forgot to check if they'll be open on the 2nd of January. I assumed so, but maybe they're having an extended break for New Year too? I'll have to look next time I'm down there

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
            The turkey thighs are in the oven, under foil on a low heat for the first hour, resting on a bed of root veg (carrots, parsnips, onions) which will be repurposed as turkey soup ingredients later

In a bit I'll get started on the sausagemeat stuffing I like (I got my mother to send me the recipe), whack the heat up, and get the spuds in. Oh, and there's some turkey breast fillets to go in too; I much prefer brown meat which is why I got thighs, but a little bit of white helps add variety.
            Dinner is exceedingly nice, but also exceedingly large. I've had to stop for a break
            Stone me, two turkey thighs?

No wonder you needed a rest.

Zen Chury Om.
            When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
              Stone me, two turkey thighs?

No wonder you needed a rest.

Zen Chury Om.
              I only ate one of them, and not even all of that; the rest is for turkey soup, which I'll be making tomorrow or Sunday

Comment

Normally this would be time for the Grand Opening of the Quality Street, but I'm not hungry enough for even one sweet yet, never mind the dozen or so that will inevitably be consumed once the lid comes off

Comment

Normally this would be time for the Grand Opening of the Quality Street, but I'm not hungry enough for even one sweet yet, never mind the dozen or so that will inevitably be consumed once the lid comes off
                  Be glad it's quality street our general opinion is that Roses have gone completely down hill.
                  merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
                    Be glad it's quality street our general opinion is that Roses have gone completely down hill.
                    Quality Street can't go downhill because Quality is right there in the name

Though they do keep making the number of them you get smaller

Incidentally, they always have two weights on these things: one for the actual sweets, and one for that plus the weight of the wrappings, just in case anybody's interested in the weight of sweet wrappings I suppose

Comment

A humongous amount of viewing tonight, even leaving aside the quantity of Police Interceptors I ended up going through over the two hours or so it took to eat dinner

First up, as I figured I might as well compare it with last night's World War Z while it was still fresh in my mind, was a rewatch of 28 Days Later (2002), a documentary about Boris Johnson's premiership. And while I was on the subject, I continued with 28 Weeks Later (2007); something to do with his approach to making deals with the USA, I think?

Anyway, both very good, though I still think the second one has too many gratuitously gory scenes; there's making a gory film, and there's pandering to an audience's anticipated desire for gore, and while the first treads that line well, the second definitely gets into pandering, which is a shame as the story was strong enough that it didn't need to.

After that I cleared the way for watching the most recent F&F thing by rewatching Fast & Furious 8 (2017). This one originally went by the title The Fate of the Furious, which is actually quite clever ("fate" - "f8" - geddit?) but Hollywood executives, who are universally recognised as some of the dumbest people around, apparently thought everybody else was too dumb to realise that it might be part of the series so they "fixed" it

It's another of their off-brand Mission Impossible ones, meaning it's also pretty good really, and certainly better than the early ones about car thieves nicking lorries full of microwave ovens like it was cool

And finally, onwards to the second part of the final season of The Sopranos with S6AE12 Kaisha (TV Episode 2006) and S6BE1 Soprano Home Movies (TV Episode 2007)

Goodnight all
                      Last edited by NickFitz; 26 December 2020, 06:14.

Comment

Working...
                      X