• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
    "The Spy who loved me (1977)" is not providing much in the way of grippingness.

Octopussy, I would venture, is likely to provide even less.

I wonder what dear old Uncle Dickie will provide.
    So, Uncle Dickie swung both ways, was an incompetent bully and The spy who loved me is overlong tedious crap.

TFBSDrS.
    When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Another premiere tonight, and furthermore one which won Best Thing at the Oscars: Parasite (2019), aka Gisaengchung. I thought it was pretty good, and there's a lot of beautiful shots throughout; but really, it's only pretty good to good. Currently free with Prime, and that's probably the best way to get it if there aren't any for 50p in the charity shops

And after that slice of life in Korea, I fancied a slice of life in outer space with fancy effects, so I rewatched Life (2017), in which it turns out Martian organisms are a bunch of bastards and the people staffing the ISS are unbelievably incompetent. The latter probably isn't correct, and we still don't know about the former

And then a couple more episodes of The Sopranos: S4E11 Calling All Cars (TV Episode 2002) and S4E12 Eloise (TV Episode 2002). I reckon none of any of this will turn out well for anybody involved

Goodnight all

Comment

Up at this unholy hour and it's not even to go on holiday.

Comment

At airport. No facilities open, just Starbucks.

Dark. Damp. Not cold though. Raining off and on.

Comment

Originally posted by Scruff View Post
            The Masters

Comment

Bells on Sunday
              Something Understood
              On Your Farm

Son très mouille, doit être la pluie?
              I was an IPSE Consultative Council Member, until the BoD abolished it. I am not an IPSE Member, since they have no longer have any relevance to me, as an IT Contractor. Read my lips...I recommend QDOS for ALL your Insurance requirements (Contact me for a referral code).

Comment

Morning all

Dry.

What looks like a blue sky.

Hints of sun.

Breezy.

Warmish in here at 16.3 deg.

991 mBar and 67% RH.

Sunday.

For some reason someone from the scaffolders was doing sommat on the scaffolding at 08:00 while I was pondering on getting out of bed.

So I got out of bed.

Then they went away & the scaffolding is still there.

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
                The spy who loved me is overlong tedious crap.
                And that was despite the deft use of FF in particularly slow bits.

Ho hum.

I'd quite forgotten how poor the Roger Moore films were.

At this rate I'll end up burning Octopussy to avoid inflicting it on anyone else.
                Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 15 November 2020, 08:44.
                When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Morning all
                  Filthy out.
                  …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Morning

Not raining now
                    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Jacob's Ladder slow roasting in the oven at 105°C. Dry rub.

Can't wait, smells so good...
                      I was an IPSE Consultative Council Member, until the BoD abolished it. I am not an IPSE Member, since they have no longer have any relevance to me, as an IT Contractor. Read my lips...I recommend QDOS for ALL your Insurance requirements (Contact me for a referral code).

Comment

Working...
                      X