• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
    Morning all

Dry.

What looks like a blue sky.

Hints of sun.
    That was then, since which we've endured Ye Clappe of Doome, rain, hail, and murrain of beasts.

Grey.

Sunless.

Dismal.

Wet.

Unpleasant.

Lunch: roast beef, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.
    When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Arrived home without incident about 10 am.

Heathrow tried to charge me £985.60 to exit the car park but this was very swiftly resolved by customer services, who did acknowledge my booking and that it had been paid for.

The drive down the M4/A4 was very quiet. Signs of heavy rainfall with some large puddles about.

Scored a parking space opposite my building.

As I had left in something of a hurry two weeks ago, there was some perishables disposal that was urgently required. It's a good job bin collection is on Tuesday morning.

Bed sheets were changed and a nap then had.

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
        Lunch: roast beef, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.
        Meh. .

Even the tea is meh.

Comment

Afternoon denizens

Grey day, 11°C, but dry for now

But at least Monkey Life is on

Comment

Sun's out.

In other other news, the Sunday shopping trip to Tesco and Morrisons took place this morning as a means of avoiding The Archers.

Though not altogether successfully since I listened to the last 10 minutes of it which was quite affecting in its way.

Though that might simply be down to the effect that Sundays have on me.

It's no wonder the gun oil comes out on Mondays.

Comment

Roast beef sandwiches for lunch

Comment

It rained. Stopped then rained.
                "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
                  It rained. Stopped then rained.
                  Same here. HWMBO mentioned seeing blue sky too.

Late lunch / early dinner made of sausage baguettes. Mine is with green sriracha and HWMBO has mustard.

Comment

Looks like there's been some rain here too, but there's bits of blue sky (albeit soon turning dark) now

Comment

As theorised this morning, it was possible to access the scaffolding despite not having an adequate ladder.

By opening the bedroom window & standing on the inside sill whilst squirming through the gap between the top of the window opening & the scaffolding plank.

Thusly one reassembled & redirected the tv aerial and cleaned the gutters of accumulated crap, during which a bijou problemette was discovered.

I may have to buy a length of gutter to replace the borked bit.

Irritating.

Then it was on to the downpipe which, it turned out, was blocked with crap from way back when the rendering was done (2011), the pipe being full of water to the top of the collector.

Nearly got soaked when I took it off, but it clear now & put back with stainless screws (Lidl).

Checked the other collector and that had a fern growing out of it which got itself transplanted elsewhere.

It's not sunny any more now.

Tea: Ginsters Moroccan vegan pasty (Morrisons, reduced), 3 x bramble jelly sandwiches on Morrisons wholemeal sunflower and spelt bread (they didn't have any of that this morning so I had to make do with the multiseed stuff instead), 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: The Oak Island nutjobs are on Blaze at 21:00 wherein they find Yet More Wood.

There'll come a time when they've removed so much wood from the island that it'll sink beneath the waves and never be seen again.

Or there's a chap down there somewhere inputting 4 8 15 16 23 42 into an Apple II Computer to keep the universe turning.
                      Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 15 November 2020, 21:16.

Comment

Working...
                      X