• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
    Squirrel?
    Might be, but would it take the whole thing rather than chewing through the wire?
    When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
      Might be, but would it take the whole thing rather than chewing through the wire?
      They're thieving conniving gits and probably would

Comment

HWMBO is making something that includes triple cooked chips for tea.

He's also made me a martini.

Comment

Overalls and a white coat with "3M" on the pocket in the wash.

The overalls because I've been burning stuff, the white coat because I found it in a carrier bag in the garage & it looks like it could do with a wash, having resided in that bag for 25 years or more.

Tea: the last of the chilli con carne with rice, stewed Granny Smith's apples with custard, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: TBD.

"Powering Britain" isn't on this week.

Booker bollocks instead.

No "Sewermen", replaced with "Trucking Hell" on Paramount.

Bereft barely covers it.

So it's "Diamonds are Forever (1971)" with a very bored Sean Connery.
          Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 12 November 2020, 18:41.
          When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Feeling smug because I've just proven (in theory) to HWMBO that he can tighten up the toilet seat without removing the whole basin

I bet he loves having an interfering old baggage like me nagging him

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
              Feeling smug because I've just proven (in theory) to HWMBO that he can tighten up the toilet seat without removing the whole basin

I bet he loves having an interfering old baggage like me nagging him

Well given that :
              HWMBO is making something that includes triple cooked chips for tea.

He's also made me a martini.
              And you know how to do it, crack on and pull your weight while he's cooking
              "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
                Well given that :

And you know how to do it, crack on and pull your weight while he's cooking
                Talk about gender role reversal - I suspect LM has the better side of the deal...
                merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Yous guys is funny.

HWMBO has accepted my toilet seat fixing suggestion and says he will look at it tomorrow. I have cleaned said toilet so my involvement is done.

I did make him an El Presidente (Sloppy Joe's version) cocktail, as found on the Diffords guide website, even though he was busy cooking and didn't really appreciate me taking up space in the kitchen to make it.

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
                    Talk about gender role reversal - I suspect LM has the better side of the deal...
                    HWMBO cooking and me doing DIY is actually safest for all

Comment

HWMBO cooking and me doing DIY is actually safest for all
                      HWMBO likes cooking - keep him at all costs...
                      merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Working...
                      X