• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
    Nah, the Ancient Farts (over 70) jab. Just happened to be passing local pharmacy and went to book after seeing their notice and they did it straight away.
    Yes, that's the "Senior" flu vaccine.

Shirts roughly ironed.

Awaiting the incessant beeping of the TD once the cottons have reached the prescribed level of dampness.

Forgot to wash sommat, but it can wait until next week.

I see Bon Marche are about to go bust again.

<hiatus due to looking at maps on the NLS site yet again>

Cottons out of the TD which, oddly, didn't do it's remarkably irritating beeping thing, or may I just got there in time before it started.

I suppose I ought to do something in the garden/shed/garage/other shed/order stuff online/make concrete.

Then again, maybe not.
    Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 9 October 2020, 13:54.
    When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Popping to the shops while the popping is good

Comment

Towels were hung out. Bed linen left in a heap on the bedroom floor to be dealt with when I get back.

An ex colleague called me about some work he's bidding on for next year to ask if I'd be happy to be included in the bid pack and join the project if his company wins it.

Am on my second glass of fizz in the First lounge at T5. Gate is open, flight will commence boarding soon.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
          Towels were hung out. Bed linen left in a heap on the bedroom floor to be dealt with when I get back.

An ex colleague called me about some work he's bidding on for next year to ask if I'd be happy to be included in the bid pack and join the project if his company wins it.

Am on my second glass of fizz in the First lounge at T5. Gate is open, flight will commence boarding soon.
          Have fun.
          merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
            Popping to the shops while the popping is good
            It turned out be a very good time for popping: there'd been a shower I hadn't noticed which had just finished when I went out, and another one has just started now I'm back in

All shopping accomplished, including M&S as well as Sainsbury's

This week's item that I didn't need urgently but thought I'd get while I was there in case I forgot next time, only to find when I got home that I'd thought exactly the same thing last time: rice

Comment

Last meeting of the day cancelled.
              …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post

Bon voyage!

Comment

Originally posted by Scruff View Post
                  For those of a medical disposition, this is what was done this morning

Selective Nerve Root Block Injections
                  Sounds like one of those things that's not much fun, but better than carrying on without it

Hope you reap the benefits <- manly

Comment

By the way, as I was getting the shopping out of the car one of the rarest of the local fauna emerged blinking into the daylight: someone from a flat up the road who went to the trouble of finding the bins with his house number on and took them back in

The general waste ones have been left out on the side road again, so this involved him in a fair bit of trundling

Our landlord continues, whenever possible, to simply take the bags out of our bins and put them in other people's, so our bins hardly ever leave the back yard at all

Comment

How goes The Monkey Bicycle?

We've not heard much recently.

Spent the afternoon potching about in Ernie's tin shed, which has the advantage of being reasonably watertight unlike every other shed or garage.

Why it had chunks of wood in the floor is a mystery, though I suppose 60 years of damp explains the current condition thereof.

They'll meet the bonfire the next time I have one.

Hope the woodlice will have buggered off by then or they'll get rather warm.

Like every other shed, it's stuffed full of stuff so moving it around for access to remove said rotten timbers was inneresting.

Tea: Tesco breaded haddock (non chunky), stewed pears sans custard, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: "Ransom (1996)" with that Mel Gibson chap.

"Hidden Wales with Will Millard" at 19:35 on BBC1W.

"Secret Scotland" with Susan Calman on 5 at 20:00.
                      Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 9 October 2020, 17:10.
                      When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Working...
                      X