• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bright and sunny out. Currently 9 degrees, forecast high of 14. Rain expected this afternoon but I'll be on my way to Portugal by then (have I mentioned...?). Barometer has lept up to 1015 mBar.

HWMBO is coming to my place for a couple of hours rather than kill time in the lounge waiting for me to turn up.

Towels in the WM. Will do bed linen too so I have fresh sheets to come home to.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
      Won't be long before there's frost on the old stable roof first thing
      There was condensation on the bedroom window this morning and it felt cold in bed.

Glad I put the electric blanket back on earlier since it's much easier to go to sleep when I can feel my feet. .

Rain has stopped, so it's almost time to see if the tarp did the business.

Blue sky visible through the crack in the curtains.

Which implies it might actually be a bit sunny further west.

Smalls in the WM.

Smalls out of the WM and into the TD.

Shirts in the WM.

All change at about 10:35 if all goes well.

<hiatus>

Sun's out.

<hiatus>

Tarp seems to be doing its job, dunno for how long though.

Garage roof covered in condensation which drips down onto stuff.

I suppose the wall being wet doesn't exactly help a lot.

I may get some of that tanking stuff to brush on to see if it stops the wall getting so wet.

<hiatus>

Smalls out of the TD.

Shirts into the TD.

Cottons in the WM.

Off out for a walk now since the sun's shining, so I need to make hay.

<walking hiatus>

Walk walked.

It's clouding over again now.

Shirts out of the TD.

Ironing follows lunch.
      Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 9 October 2020, 11:40.
      When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Popped out the back to make sure the gate was open for the bins, and the binfolk were in the very throes of doing the recycling ones! So I was able to bring us in a decent one, and that's one less thing to bother about

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
          Popped out the back to make sure the gate was open for the bins, and the binfolk were in the very throes of doing the recycling ones! So I was able to bring us in a decent one, and that's one less thing to bother about
          Don't the bins have stickers on saying who they belong to? Now you have a decent one add a sticker or paint it so it's clear who it belongs to.
          Last edited by eek; 9 October 2020, 09:59.
          merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
            Funny, I've had rotten nights since having flu jab. Never occurred to me could be a factor. Still not too bad last night, so maybe back to (crappy) normal.
            It was NF who alerted me to side effects. Then I made the mistake of Googling....
            "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Timed that well: it's raining again now.

Lunch: poached tomato and proper really leathery scrambled egg (I forgot about it) on Morrisons wholemeal sunflower and spelt toast, red corner yog, blackcurrant jam sandwich on same, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Ironing to follow once the dishes are done.

For "raining" read hammering down.

Old women & sticks.

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
              Funny, I've had rotten nights since having flu jab. Never occurred to me could be a factor. Still not too bad last night, so maybe back to (crappy) normal.
              Was it the Old Farts (over 65) jab, Xogg?

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
              It was NF who alerted me to side effects. Then I made the mistake of Googling....
              Indeed.
              When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

For the record, I still seem to be OK after my flu jab

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
                  Don't the bins have stickers on saying who they belong to? Now you have a decent one add a sticker or paint it so it's clear who it belongs to.
                  A lot of the general waste bins have been daubed with numbers, and some of the recycling bins too. But with fourteen houses in the terrace split into anywhere between four and nine flats each, some of which have landlords or managers who try to keep the bins in order while others leave it to the tenants, the markings tend to finish up being seen as advisory, and there's no practical way of enforcing them

Also, the binfolk have to come into the back roadway (it's too big to be an alley but it's not a road) to get the bins and either bring them back in or leave them blocking the pavement in the side road but, in either case, pay no attention to any numbers. It's not uncommon for our bins to be mixed up with the side road bins, so number 12 out there will end up with one of our bins numbered in the hundreds while one of the houses here gets theirs.

I usually try to go for one of the unlabelled ones if there are any left, but any attempt to hang on to a specific bin is doomed to failure. We had a particularly good nearly new one for several months last year before it disappeared; a few weeks later I spotted it outside a house almost at the far end of the side road, so I assume it had gradually worked its way up there over that time. A few months later, it was back with us, and since then it comes and goes. We had it again a few weeks ago, but I haven't seen it since

Comment

For those of a medical disposition, this is what was done this morning

Selective Nerve Root Block Injections
                    I was an IPSE Consultative Council Member, until the BoD abolished it. I am not an IPSE Member, since they have no longer have any relevance to me, as an IT Contractor. Read my lips...I recommend QDOS for ALL your Insurance requirements (Contact me for a referral code).

Comment

Was it the Old Farts (over 65) jab, Xogg?
                      Nah, the Ancient Farts (over 70) jab. Just happened to be passing local pharmacy and went to book after seeing their notice and they did it straight away.
                      bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                      John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Working...
                      X