• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

how cool is this?

https://www.instructables.com/Mechan...el-Ball-Clock/

Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

there was a Bristol 404 or 405 parked outside a flash house in Lewis.
      haven't seen one of those for some time.

Comment

In the BMI Runnymede in the morning. L5 nerve root Transformational Epidural. I think it's the 7th time now...?
        I was an IPSE Consultative Council Member, until the BoD abolished it. I am not an IPSE Member, since they have no longer have any relevance to me, as an IT Contractor. Read my lips...I recommend QDOS for ALL your Insurance requirements (Contact me for a referral code).

Comment

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
          dinner has been spag bol.
          and Rioja.
          Great minds think alike: spag bol here too, and exceedingly tasty it was

No Rioja though.

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
          Tonight I will have some curry.
          Which reminded me I need to move the rest of the curry I made the other night from the fridge to the freezer, for which much thanks

Comment

Trundling done. A pretty good bin load this week, with enough legit-looking stuff at the top that they should probably take it regardless of any dodgy dark bags further down

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
              <hiatus during which a ladder was climbed and a shed and a garage were visited and a batch of bol was cooked ready for Saturday>

It must have pissed down with a vengeance last night coz the garage is wet (it's come through the breeze walls) and the shed, unsurprisingly, is dripping almost everywhere.

Ho hum.

Maybe a B&M 5mx4m tarp would do to make the roof a bit more weatherproof for a mere £10.

Worth it to keep my remaining stuff reasonably dry before the fecking thing falls down completely.
              B&M 5m x 4m tarp duly purchased along with No More Nails.

Fitted, glued down, and nailed under the eaves.

We shall see how effective it is & how long it lasts.

After the making of the next batch of Bol, the next batch of Chilli was produced.

Tea: chilli con carne and rice (from previous batch), stewed pears (sans custard), 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: "Ripley's Game (2002)" with that John Malkovich, Dougray Scott and Lena Headey (rather before Sarah Connor).

Liked this rather more than "The Talented Mr Ripley" since more happens.

Oddly Talented is set in the 1950s while Game is set in the 2000s.

Now watching Air Warriors on Smithsonian all about the P51.
              When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Packed.

Bin trundled. Not much as the bulk of it went out on Monday for Tuesday's collection but there were a last few perishables that needed disposing of.

Relaxed day tomorrow with a gentle pootle to the airport to meet HWMBO. How long do I make him wait before guesting him into the gold lounge?

Comment

Just watched 3 Billboards. Good, with the black humour you expect from the man behind In Bruges.
                  …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

TFBSZ
                    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
                      Just watched 3 Billboards. Good, with the black humour you expect from the man behind In Bruges.
                      Yes, it's very good (as is In Bruges)

Tonight's viewing here started with a bit of the latest episode of Ambulance during spag bol consumption.

Then it was ST:TNG S5E4, Silicon Avatar (TV Episode 1991) in which the Crystalline Entity makes a bit of a nuisance of itself again, though as usual the humans are worse.

And then, just to prove the point, The Sopranos S3E6, University (TV Episode 2001) in which a stripper's life fails to get any better, though it does get a lot worse

Looks like the rain may be back tomorrow afternoon. It must have guessed I'd probably be going shopping then

Goodnight all

Comment

Working...
                      X