• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kedgeree for tea. Running low in my home smoked cod, they don't really do cold smoked fish in cloggers.
    Haddock is impossible to come by, so I ended up buying a smoker and doing it myself instead.
    Same goes for decent bacon.... or decent ingredients for that matter.
    "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

The torrential downpour moved on as quickly as it had arrived

But there's more and worse moving in from the southwest; due to arrive some time between midnight and two and maybe carry on until tomorrow teatime, accompanied by heavy winds

Judging by the weather radar, it should already have arrived on the good doctor's doorstep.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
        The new one? Horrible underpowered heap o'trash. You have get the Arbarth if you want to get up any form of hill.

Good job I don’t live on a hill.

...oh, wait...

Anyway, the garage thinks that one of my rear callipers is not as flat as it should be, so is getting me a pair of new ones and replacing the pads again (the current ones have <200 miles on them)
        Will take a month to get them brought in from Italy, but The Toy is perfectly safe to drive.
        Good job too, as we’re heading down to the south west to do a bit of house hunting next week.
        …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

TFBSZ
          …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
            Thankfully the telex machine is not so clean now.

Is it typing to a waiting world?
            Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
              Is it typing to a waiting world?
              I used to have a 50 baud printer with a 75 baud crystal in it before I sold it to someone.

I wrote some Dragon(tm) basic to print stuff out.

It was very very slow.

Entertainment: "CapoBlanco (1979)" being a noir set in 1949 Peru with Charles Bronson, Fernando Rey and Jason Robards.

It was mildly amusing in its way.

All about Nazi loot on a sunken ship.

Unusually for a Bronson epic it had several naked ladies in it.

On the same dvd was an ep of "US Marshals" from 1959 wherein Mr Bronson plays a private in the army who goes on the rampage & has a bad ending.

They don't make 'em like that any more thank feck.

In 1960 he took a step up with "The Magnificent Seven".

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
              Pleasant out on my early dog walk.

Fiat 500 as a loan car. It's not The Toy
              Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
              The new one? Horrible underpowered heap o'trash. You have get the Arbarth if you want to get up any form of hill.
              Odd, I loved driving my Seicento it was a ridiculously fun little car.

And wonderful on snow.

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
              Judging by the weather radar, it should already have arrived on the good doctor's doorstep.
              Nothing much here at the moment.
              Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 24 August 2020, 22:14.
              When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Note to self: on towel wash day, remember to put clean towels in the bathroom before getting in the shower.

In other news, someone is playing pan pipe music.

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
                  Nothing much here at the moment.
                  It should be with you Real Soon Now

It's apparently worse over in Ireland though.

Comment

It's raining gently as determined by sticking my head out of the back door.

Seems quite calm out there at the moment.

Anyway TFBSZ.
                    When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

It hasn't reached us yet; now due after 2am, continuing until mid-afternoon.

No telly tonight, but January 1664 of Pepys' diary read

What I don't get is that he wrote it in his own shorthand so other people couldn't read it, but when he's been getting up to naughty things with other women he also writes in French, even switching to it mid-sentence. You might think that's in case his wife learned his shorthand and read it; but his wife was French. So I've no idea who he thought he was hiding it from

Maybe it's explained in the Companion, which is volume X. But I don't want to dip into that yet in case of spoilers

Goodnight all

Comment

Working...
                      X