• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Photos done
    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

28C outside and humid as a humid thing

Comment

The Dog (tw) has now decided it's time to sleep

Comment

And I'm tired

Comment

Time for a story:
            We lost out on our 15 mins of fame yesterday.
            We had spoken to a friend of ours who is a pitcher for TV ideas (she was behind the original Big Brother and Naked Attraction)
            A dilapidated manor house was on the market. It was big and had a couple of acres of land. We were interested in buying it and doing it up as a TV show. The twist from the other shows is that for half a decade it was lived in by a group of nuns.
            We were hoping for "Escape to the Convent"

Probably needed about £150-200k spent on it, and I would have paid up to about £750k for it. Done right, it could be sold on for a good profit. It sold well above our offer.

Comment

Exercise bicycling done, green ring closed

I'll need to wash this ragged old shirt again soon as the last few days exercising have been an extremely sweaty business

Still only 19°C here, but humid. And still 25° in here.

While on the contraption I finished listening to the BBC-NRK podcast Death in Ice Valley. Interesting stuff

Now I need to decide what to listen to next time; probably Tales from the Ring Road, as one of the episodes is about Bedford and, from the blurb, covers the strange world of the Panacea Society who believed the Garden of Eden was located on Albany Road, near the town centre; and a jailed helicopter pilot whose book about his experiences in Bedford Prison I've read

I went into Bedford Prison a couple of times when our school's debating club (which they insisted on calling called the Union Society like it was an old university or something) went to have debates with the prison debating club (which was just called the debating club). I reckon Society At Large will, overall, probably have benefited more from a bunch of public schoolboys meeting and getting some understanding of (mainly working class) convicts than the other way round

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
                Time for a story:
                We lost out on our 15 mins of fame yesterday.
                We had spoken to a friend of ours who is a pitcher for TV ideas (she was behind the original Big Brother and Naked Attraction)
                A dilapidated manor house was on the market. It was big and had a couple of acres of land. We were interested in buying it and doing it up as a TV show. The twist from the other shows is that for half a decade it was lived in by a group of nuns.
                We were hoping for "Escape to the Convent"

A fine tale for the om

Comment

It's warm and humid here. My feet are too hot, which is annoying me greatly as it's not really practical to sit at my desk with my feet in a bucket of cold water.

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
                    There seems to be a thundercell moving slowly northwards at the moment.

Lightning & Thunderstorms - United Kingdom, England, Scotland, Wales, Ireland

You might just get the extreme western edge of it if you're lucky.
                    Our forecast has been reinstated at 80% around 13:00, though it seems to be dithering around over near Peterborough at the moment

Comment

We have exam results - twin B is off to Leeds conservatoire with the points she needs and an appeal on one paper.

twin a is heading back to repeat the year as expected now we know has is austistic

and I’m not in the mood to do anything so I’m reading a book
                      merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Working...
                      X