• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There's a 40% chance of rain overnight. Here's hoping

Comment

Storm has passed over now, heading north eastish.

Quite odd, didn't seem to be much in the way of ground strikes, mostly cloud to cloud.

There's a refreshing breeze, which is quite pleasant and it's cooled down a little to 25.5 deg in here, rather less closer to the floor.

For which relief, muchas gracias.

Dr Pimplepopper starts off with some chap with a big feck off lump that suppurates at the top of his left arm.

Now a chap with bumps on his head.

Cysts. He had 7 but she can't find more than 6.

The last one is always a good one, it sprayed gunk all over her head.

Pilar cysts.

Now a woman with a lump on her butt.

Liposuction.

The chap with the "thing" on the top of his arm is back.

The tests came back as lipoma.

Gosh wot fun.

Once she's used the local it looks even worse than it did to start with.

He's tried to run away once.

And out the lipoma comes,

25.3 deg in here now.

Have I mentioned that the LCD on one of my Lidl(tm) self setting clocks is dying?

Can't figure out quite what, but I think a common driver is knackered.

The self setting bit works but the display is almost invisible.

And to round the evening off: The Prisoner E14 "The Girl Who Was Death". Not one of the better eps, rather tedious, with a twist at the end.
      Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 12 August 2020, 23:03.
      When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Just been out the back. Feels very muggy out there

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
        There's a 40% chance of rain overnight. Here's hoping
        They're feeding us those lies too, though only 30%. I'll believe it when I see it

A very light breeze has started coming through the living room window occasionally, which helps a little

Comment

TFBSZ
          …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Our (30% chance of) overnight rain has been rescinded

Just for a change tonight, a little Inspector Morse: Service of All the Dead (TV Episode 1987), being the third one. I don't think they ever paid much attention to realism in the depiction of police procedures, but this one had some particularly egregious examples; I think it's very unlikely, for example, that a pathologist would make a show of pulling the knife out of a victim's body right there on the floor of the church in which they'd been murdered. It'd make even more of a mess of the stone floor, for a start. But it isn't meant as a documentary, and it's quite a good one with plenty of twists and turns

The forecast for tomorrow is only 27°C, which will feel positively bracing after the last few days

Goodnight all

Comment

Morning all

The Dog (no TW) was upset by the weather overnight, so at 2.15am I had to take her downstairs and try to get her to calm down in the lounge.
              That didn’t work.
              Several hours later it’s started to rain and we are in the final throws of house tidying. Photos/walkthrough being done this morning. That’s THIS MORNING. The first morning with cloudy skies in about a month.

Anyway, time for a walk
              …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Morning all

Ocado have delivered. Tried to swap raw prawns for cooked ones - HWMBO wasn't happy, duly rejected

Currently 21 degrees, forecast high of 28 later. Signs of rain overnight / early this morning. There is an 80% chance of rain today according to my weather app. Barometer down to 1011 mBar.

First coffee has been drunk.

Comment

Dejunking my PC. Opened a Word file to see what it was, entire content - "I have no teeth". Not sure what that was about.
                  bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                  John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
                    Dejunking my PC. Opened a Word file to see what it was, entire content - "I have no teeth". Not sure what that was about.
                    But it would have taken 300k to contain that text.

Oh, Wordstar(tm), what have we become?

Morning all

Dry.

Dark grey sky.

Dark.

Dreary.

Heavy.

Close.

Cooler at 24.6 deg in here.

Barometer showing 1008 mBar.

Sunless.

Thursday.

Urgh.
                    When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Morning denizens

Very grey morning out, and only up to 19°C so far. The weather app goes so far as to say it's "foggy", but it isn't in any normal sense of the word, or not here in the city. But the cooler air is quite refreshing when it manages, despite the absence of much in the way of a breeze, to get through the windows - it's still around 25° in here

Apparently it'll remain cloudy for the rest of the day, though still get up to 27°. And all of the possible rain and thunderstorms between now and Sunday have been withdrawn from service

Comment

Working...
                      X