• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lunch: more lentil <pffffft> soup, two beetroot sandwiches on Morrisons wholemeal sunflower & spelt, blackcurrant sandwich on same, red corner yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Cottons out of the WM (once I'd remembered) and into the TD.

Sun's out though it's very close.

Barometer still at 1011.
    When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

No exercise bicycling yet, as I've got to walk up to the pharmacy for the monthly collection. I remembered to phone them in advance this time, which will save hanging around for ten minutes, but I might go the long way and see if I can close the green ring just from the walk

And no lunch yet, because

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
        What was 1 hour of conflict calls has just finished at 2.4 hours.
        Now, if I change the . for an x, then I've got a full timesheet for the day.

It's thinking like this that shows the true contractor from the failures.

Just tell them you created a cross visualisation in Graphiz dot language.

seemples and they can google it for verification.
        Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Pharmacy visited by a circuitous route of one-and-a-half miles

Despite my phone call this morning, the prescription wasn't ready so I had to hang about the window for five minutes or so while they gathered boxes and ticked them off

And the Activity app apparently picked up on this, as despite the entire venture taking half-an-hour, it only credited me with 25 minutes

I daresay I can make up the rest going back and forth to the kitchen though.

And some, not all, of the recycling bins had been emptied, so I've collared us one.

Comment

Oh, and it's a Flying Ant Day here. They fly about as well as you'd expect from creatures that have never flown before, which meant they were banging into me almost constantly, both when I was walking and when I was standing still

No doubt many were crushed underfoot as well. Must be a difficult time for the Jain community.

Comment

Old oven element removed, multimeter put over it to confirm it had blown and then a new one tracked down (only 30 mins drive), purchased and installed. All on billable hours.
              …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                Oh, and it's a Flying Ant Day here. They fly about as well as you'd expect from creatures that have never flown before, which meant they were banging into me almost constantly, both when I was walking and when I was standing still

No doubt many were crushed underfoot as well. Must be a difficult time for the Jain community.
                Just as well I'm not one of those considering the number of bugs I've killed this week.

Lawn seeded.

Drizzllng away out there now, which should encourage a bit of sprouting.

Only just had enough seed, it's a bt sparse around the edges so I may have to get some more.

Tea: Tesco chunky breaded haddock, stewed gooseberries and custard, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

There was a lot of Allah! Akbah! on the news just now.

Entertainment: HSB S5 E15 "Davenport in a Storm" wherein Joyce becomes an assistant DA.

HSB S5 E16: "Washington Deceased"

HSB S5 E17 "Passage to Libya ".

Roswell: New Mexico S2 E12 "Crash Into Me"
                Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 24 July 2020, 19:48.
                When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

The picture framing guy over the road is having a new sign installed above his shopfront

Comment

Popped down to the Co-op for a couple of bits, meaning I had to wear a face covering type thing

I'm not keen on these blue medical-type masks. As this is going to be A Thing from now until who knows when, I might buy a cloth one.

Comment

Tea: the last of the beef and red wine sauce from March, with rice

It occurred to me that I haven't made a curry in a while. I daresay Sainsbury's have the needful in stock now, so I must see about making one

Comment

Working...
                      X