• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
    'ere, NF, the lightning thing was showing strikes not far from you yesterday evening.
    I missed it

Or maybe it wasn't allowed into the city because of the lockdown?

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
      I missed it

Or maybe it wasn't allowed into the city because of the lockdown?
      Sounds like a valid theory.

Lunch: roast chicken breast (BBE 2013), red corner yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Once the dishes are done it'll be time for the weekly trip to Tesco and Morrisons.
      When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Afternoon all

Last night it positively persisted it down. I was hoping for a thunderstorm but nothing presented itself.

HWMBO and I spent the afternoon / evening sorting out our plans for a holiday to Spain for the first week of August and then I saw the news about returning travellers needing to quarantine with immediate effect. Not sure what we're going to do about that yet. He's inclined to go anyway.

Weather today is cloudy but warm. Currently 21 degrees and it may eek its way up to 22. Rain is pretty much certain at some point. Barometer up to 1009 mBar.

Comment

Exercise bicycling done, green ring closed

It's up to 21°C now, which is higher than the forecast was predicting this morning

Comment

Wholemeal toast for lunch

Comment

Sunday shopping trip done, dusted, washed, sterilized, and put away.

Just discovered that the defrosting of the fridge in the Salting House has led to the freezing of two containers of milk.

I wonder if it'll defrost ok or if it'll separate & be unusable.

There's one of those Moroccan vegan pasty things for tea.

I have no idea why I like them so much, it must be because they taste of something unlike the remainder of my salt free diet.
              When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

First proper century ride not he bike in over a year. Not my fastest time but it's a start.

Dodged assorted deluges on the way round. Had some wet roads but no actual rain.

Now waiting for dinner to finish cooking. Dung Po pork. New recipe so we will see how it turns out.
                "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

SpO2 98% / 64 bpm

Comment

There has been a light shower or two today, nothing significant.

Cleaned the greenfly off my clematis with soapy water.

Lazy day of listening to various podcasts and YouTube channels.

Comment

Think cafes and pubs round here with decent outside spaces will recover financially from shutdown quite soon. Was going to drop in at a local farm cafe after me walk and it was packed, even the overflow car park was almost full. Ditto a couple of pubs I passed.

Had a drink with Mrs Drinky next door in her garden instead.
                      Last edited by xoggoth; 26 July 2020, 17:40.
                      bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                      John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Working...
                      X