• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
    I have heard tales of people who, in prepping their house for sale and fixing all the things that they never got around to, realise they still like their house and end up staying put

yep pretty likely.
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Tea: Ginsters moroccan vegan pasty (I like them a lot), a taster of the new batch of lentil <pffffft> soup wherein I seem to have added rather a lot of chilli and hot smoked paprika, it certainly isn't bland , ham and mustard sandwich on Morrisons sunflower bread (last slices), bramble jelly on same (crust), 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: HSB S4 E22 "Eva's Brawn " wherein Henry meets a dominatrix and Renko gets wed and Hunter loses his horse.

HSB S5 E1 "Mayo, Hold the Pickle" wherein Renko becomes a dad.

Filthy Britain SOS on 5, lots of flytipping and tree roots blocking sewers, Lewes fireworks night cleanup.
      Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 19 July 2020, 19:58.
      When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post

Filthy Britain SOS on 5, lots of flytipping and tree roots blocking sewers, Lewes fireworks night cleanup.
        I have decided to give this Filthy Britain SOS a go

Comment

Well, my Big Chicken roast dinner turned out exceptionally nice

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
            I have decided to give this Filthy Britain SOS a go
            They got some very impressive tree roots out of sewers this week.

Entertainment (continued): HSB S5 E2 "Watt a Way to Go " wherein a scumbag from S1 gets fried. Totally unrealistic that this should have happened so quickly in a mere 5 years.

HSB S5 E3 "Rookie Nookie " wherein Belker gets to dress up as a chicken.

After Sarah Connor (Linda Hamilton) appeared in S4, we how have Kyle Reese (Michael Biehn) in S5.
            When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

No telly other than a bit of Ambulance whilst dining. Instead, I got through a bit more of Pepys' diary for 1663, including the following footnote by the transcriber: "The entries for 5-13 October constitute one of the best-documented attacks of flatulence in history."

Goodnight all

Comment

Morning all
                …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Good morning peeps

Blue sky, no discernable cloud cover. Slightly chilly out. It's 14 degrees at the moment with a forecast high of 22. Expected to be a cloud free day all day. Barometer up to 1019.5 mBar (the extra 0.5 is inferred as the marker is in the middle of 1019 and 1020 - my device is not that precise).

First coffee being drunk.

Not too many meetings today, which is a relief.

Comment

Dog walked, waiting for the CUK'er to come round to fit the new bathroom radiator

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
                      Dog walked, waiting for the CUK'er to come round to fit the new bathroom radiator
                      He arrived as I posted that.

Comment

Working...
                      X