• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
    Entertainment: HSB S5 E4 "Fowl Play" wherein Belker is dressed up as an egg/chicken again.
    Entertainment (continued): HSB S5 E5 "Bangladesh Slowly " wherein a spate of missing cats might be connected to the new "Indian" restaurant in the precinct. The old jokes are always the best.

Also appearing is "Lotta Gue". who makes a big impression on Lt Hunter.

Followed by HSB S5 E6 "Ewe and Me, Babe " wherein a dead man is found to have a live sheep in his apartment.

Roswell: New Mexico S2 E8 "Say It Ain't So" wherein other stuff happened.

There's not a lot of SF or anything else in this, it must be said, plenty of gay stuff though if that floats yer boat.
    Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 20 July 2020, 21:50.
    When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
      Found out earlier that 49th Parallel and several other Powell & Pressburger films are "included with Prime". Must be twenty years or more since I last saw that, so I'm going to give it a watch now
      And very good it was: 49th Parallel (1941)

Of course P&P were still somewhat constrained by the propaganda requirements of the MoI at the time, leading to the necessity of including all the disparate communities of Canada in the film, which in turn made it occasionally veer in the direction of travelogue; but overall they did a good job of managing to weave all that into the story

And, of course, once they'd achieved success with this and later films, they were then able to get away with defying the MoI in films like A Canterbury Tale, which supposedly infuriated Churchill by going wholly against the government line in revealing that quite a few British people were pretty pissed off with having all these American forces types round the place

Goodnight all

Comment

Good morning!

Clear blue sky. A chilly feeling 16 degrees at the moment with a forecast high of 21 and gradually increasing cloud cover but low risk of rain. Barometer up to 1023 mBar. Wind still northerly but light. A quick look ahead suggests there may be thunderstorms on Saturday

First coffee being drunk.

Disappointed that ClientCo have locked things down such that I can't install Dell Display Manager from the Windows Store to make full use of my swanky screen. I can still make it work, I just can't use the built in KVM which is the most useful feature.

Comment

Morning all

CBS, etc.

Waiting for the scaffolders to arrive today.
          …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

The workaround I have settled on is AnyDesk, it's a good little utility that doesn't require installation. It's a bit flaky sadly, as it keeps disconnecting, but it keeps my desk free of clutter.

Comment

AAnd, of course, once they'd achieved success with this and later films, they were then able to get away with defying the MoI in films like A Canterbury Tale, which supposedly infuriated Churchill by going wholly against the government line in revealing that quite a few British people were pretty pissed off with having all these American forces types round the place
              Overpaid, Oversexed, and Over Here.

Special Relationship my arse.

The more I read about the Septics and their doings the more illusory it seems.

The bastards were as concerned with destroying Britain & its Empire as they were in killing Nazis.

Morning all

Dry.

Sunny.

Colder at 18.9 deg in here.

1025 mBar.

Tuesday.

Saw the comet last night once I'd figured out where it was.

Eyes seem pretty poor at this sort of thing nowadays.

No sign of Spiny Norman last night, unlike the night before when he/she was outside the back door, looking very fit & well, and skooted off like a little spiny rocket.

Comment

Morning denizens

Sunny start, up to 16°C so far

Due to cloud over later though, it's claimed. And we also have a tentative suggestion of thunderstorms on Saturday

Comment

Scaffolders not coming until tomorrow.

Roofer coming on Friday now.
                  …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
                    Scaffolders not coming until tomorrow.

Roofer coming on Friday now.
                    Hope the weekend's thunderstorms don't turn up early

Comment

Do you not know anyone who makes cider? We used to have a relative who'd eagerly scoop up windfalls from my parents' back garden for cider-making when they visited, back when there were a lot of apple trees out there
                      Chap next door but one expressed an interest back in May but I've not seen him since.

Walk walked.

Legs whinged a bit.

Not too hot out there at the moment & once I've been up the post office to buy the tv times, I'll be weeding a bit more of the soon to be lawn.

Comment

Working...
                      X