• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tea: more of Sunday's roast lamb, it was curiously uninneresting, orange segments & custard (better), rice pud (excellent), 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea (acceptable).

Entertainment:

HSB S1 E6 "Film at Eleven" wherein a tv news crew wander around the precinct and Dracula comes to a sticky end.

Timeless S2 E9 "The General" wherein our heroes are back in the Septic Civil War again.

HSB S1 E7: "Choice Cut" wherein there's a hostage situation in a supermarket refrigerated meat store.

"The First Men in the Moon (1964)" (or the last 20 minutes of it) where Brits get to the moon in 1910.

Now "Nazi Megastructures" which, curiously enough, is about Pearl Harbour, where, as far as I'm aware, there were no Nazi Megastructures.

Sapphire & Steel at 23:00.
    Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 15 June 2020, 21:33.
    When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Downpour still pouring down, and there's reported lightning within a few miles though I haven't spotted any yet

Comment

The rain continued for an hour or so, and I did get to see some lightning and hear some thunder, though it was several miles away

Tonight's viewing (on the TV rather than through the window) started with S1E2 of Mayans M.C., "Mayans M.C." Escorpion/Dzec (TV Episode 2018) - IMDb, in which the violence continues at what are apparently normal levels for the show.

And then I finally noticed that part two of the Horizon coronavirus special was available. That was quite enough to put anybody off going to Selfridges or wherever

Goodnight all

Comment

Early bird caught the worm at 04h11 today. Mrs Scruff going open water swimming again at The Quays. By the time I log on at 08h00, the day is half done...

"Greta" coming back from the Old Jag Aircon hospital today. It'll be nice to be one of the "cool kids" (anach.) again.
          I was an IPSE Consultative Council Member, until the BoD abolished it. I am not an IPSE Member, since they have no longer have any relevance to me, as an IT Contractor. Read my lips...I recommend QDOS for ALL your Insurance requirements (Contact me for a referral code).

Comment

Ugh. Still humid despite a min-tornado over the hills above Bury. #prayforNLUK
            The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Good morning fine denizens

Clear sky, 18 degrees, forecast to reach 22. Threat of a thunderstorm around lunchtime. Barometer has held steady at 1,104 mBar. Strangely feels dark even though there's no cloud at the moment.

There's a parking space over the road but I'm not sure I have enough time to pop to the next street and bring my car around before my first meeting. Hopefully it'll still be there when it's finished.

Comment

Morning all
                Mostly blue skies and a pleasant walk earlier.

Had a laugh last night after watching all three of Salisbury, decided to search the internet for reviews of it. The Telegraph (and their comments section) now seems to be trying to out parody Viz.

After only seeing one episode, the comments section included gems such as:
                "BBC not focusing not he main characters, but on people we've never heard of and I'm from Salisbury"
                "Is any of this more than loosely based on the events"
                "Also, for the future episodes, the lovable drop out stereotype Charlie Rowley did NOT buy the 'perfume' from a charity shop, as the BBC are reputed to be about to tell us. All statements say he lifted it from a waste bin..."
                "They'll blame the Russians but there'll be no mention of how badly Corbyn handled it"

I thought it was a good show, based on interviews with people who were there, and most of the key characters in the program make an appearance at the end, with what they are up to now.
                …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Morning all

Breakfast - usual (nearly had coffee with sugar, eugh)

Lunch - Home made KFC

Weather - very humid, no sun, t-storms later maybe, 17 degrees, Hay Fever is playing up today
                  Married

Comment

Morning denizens

Grey out, and 17°C; the weather app describes it as "foggy" which I think is over-egging the pudding somewhat. Better than evens chance of a thunderstorm this afternoon!

Comment

It's happened. Local Maccies back on Uber. LM Jr is therefore "treating us" to McD's for tea tonight. I think he's doing that because he knows a request to be taken through the Drive Thru would be met with a two-word response, second word off.
                      The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Working...
                      X