• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Got bored and decided all the window sills needed a proper wipe down, inside and out, to try and stem the tide of dirt that just loves to waft its way in, regardless of whether the window is open.

Now I've done that, I've logged off the paying job and am going for a walk to the high street to drop a couple of parcels off.

Comment

Moved the thermometer slightly.
      Sun coming round, it's now showing 33C
      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Well that was pointless. The post office now shuts at 3.30pm.

So I ended up walking along the high street to get a decent number of steps in (just over 4,000 so far today) and noticed people queuing (at appropriate distances) to get into Decathlon of all places. I didn't realise a sports retail shop was "essential" did anyone tell Mike Ashley?

Massively overdressed for the weather so am cooling off back home before I decide a route to get most of the remaining 6k steps in.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post

So I ended up walking along the high street to get a decent number of steps in (just over 4,000 so far today) and noticed people queuing (at appropriate distances) to get into Decathlon of all places. I didn't realise a sports retail shop was "essential" did anyone tell Mike Ashley?

Massively overdressed for the weather so am cooling off back home before I decide a route to get most of the remaining 6k steps in.

Oh I feel young again, Post office closing at 3:30 stopped when I was a teenager!

And the banks .
          Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Cooked up some cooking apples, which will be used for making apple tarts later

There's quite a lot of it (four Bramleys went into it), so I reckon I'll have a good bit left over to freeze for future such tarts, turnovers, etc.

Comment

Was sitting on the patio when Mr Pheasant, Mrs 1 Pheasant and Mrs 2 Pheasant came wandering up quite close. Normally only see them in the garden in winter. Thought the ladies would run/fly off when I got up to get them some seed but they didn't seem bothered. All pecking away the correct 2m social distance from me.
              bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
              John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                Cooked up some cooking apples, which will be used for making apple tarts later

There's quite a lot of it (four Bramleys went into it), so I reckon I'll have a good bit left over to freeze for future such tarts, turnovers, etc.
                Don't forget to portion up said apple, otherwise power tools may be needed to accomplish this when you take it out of the freezer.

Though I did manage with a hammer & chisel.

How is the leg doing?
                Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                How is the leg now? Is it getting better?
                Most of the time it's ok.

I went for a walk up the res a couple of days ago and it complained about it afterwards.

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
                Hot or not?
                Om.

Originally posted by vetran View Post
                Oh I feel young again, Post office closing at 3:30 stopped when I was a teenager!

And the banks .
                Yes. Odd innit. Barclays in Neath shuts at 14:00, which came as a bit of a surprise to me a couple of weeks ago.

The chap on the wireless is talking about something termed "rain".

Whatever is that?

The afternoon has been occupied with the moving of the bookcases and frenetically cleaning behind them.

A remarkable amount of crap seems to have ended up in the vac.

Only one spider was inconvenienced.
                Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 1 June 2020, 17:02.
                When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

I still haven't made it outdoors to do the rest of my day's steps.

It's getting close to can't be bothered o'clock

Comment

I still haven't made it outdoors to do the rest of my day's steps.

It's getting close to can't be bothered o'clock
                    I've got to find four minutes of exercise from somewhere to close the green ring on the watch

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
                      Don't forget to portion up said apple, otherwise power tools may be needed to accomplish this when you take it out of the freezer.

Though I did manage with a hammer & chisel.
                      Good point, though I'm estimating there'll be enough to fill the flan baking thingies I have three times, and I only have two of them, so it'll probably just be one portion left anyway

Comment

Working...
                      X