• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Morning all

Breakfast - usual

Lunch - Pork Adobo / Beef with Broccoli

Watched In the Factory last night about how Heinz Baked Beans (pfffttth) managed with the panic buying.

We could of actually bought them from Heinz, nobody told me !!!
    Married

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
      For tonight's reading matter I finally got around to a book I've been meaning to read for donkey's years: Bomber by Len Deighton. Very good so far

It was, of course, the first novel to be written on a word processor, a piano-sized IBM thing; they had to take out a window of his house and lift it in with a crane

Goodnight all
      And very good it is too.

Morning all

Dry.

Sunny.

Warm.

Tuesday by all accounts.
      When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Morning all
        CBS etc, pleasant dog walk earlier, rumours of rain coming tomorrow and Thursday.
        …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Loony lady friend 2 just phoned re little get together outside at 11 with some other loony ladies. At sister's this afternoon. Usual walk with loony lady friend 1 tomorrow. Seem to spend most of me social time with women, hardly know any blokes round here. Perhaps I'll put on a dress.
          bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
          John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

19 degrees out at the moment, forecast 24 with a bit of cloud due in the afternoon.

Client revealing their lack of knowledge of anything in calls this morning. All good fun.

Consultancy boss doing his usual "what did you do last month" round up and I'm trying to scrape together something that doesn't look like eff-all.

Car is being valeted as it's filthy - didn't drive it for long enough at the weekend as it needs another jump start. The valeter is going to leave it running while he cleans it so that'll help.

Comment

Bah! Still getting ads for Oximeters but for some reason they are all in Spanish, I don't want an "Oxímetro de Pulso Ponta" thanks, I'd have to dig out my old Spanish phrase book to understand the result.

PS Dunno though, £6.24, was £80.18?? Provided something is cheap, I really don't care if it works!
              bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
              John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
                Bah! Still getting ads for Oximeters but for some reason they are all in Spanish, I don't want an "Oxímetro de Pulso Ponta" thanks, I'd have to dig out my old Spanish phrase book to understand the result.

PS Dunno though, £6.24, was £80.18?? Provided something is cheap, I really don't care if it works!
                The price shot up after a series of articles came out about SpO2 being a good indicator of poorliness but I suspect a few boats have come in now and so there's plenty enough stock again. Really shouldn't pay more than £20, I'd say. Hard to tell if you've got a good one or not without having something to compare it to, I've only been able to check the heart rate aspect (as I have a blood pressure cuff that gives that measurement) but have no idea whether the SpO2 value is reasonable or not.

Comment

Morning denizens

Sunny again, 19°C already, but some mares' tails high up to the northwest and some kind of slightly lower patchy thin layered clouds round in the east

The weather app tells me that tomorrow is when the bottom drops out of the sunshade market, with cloud, rain, and a high of 15°. It was nice enough while it lasted, but it's time to move on

Comment

My weather app says it's now 22 degrees and the peak temp is now reforecast to 25 degrees (depending on which screen you look at ).

Tomorrow is due to be cloudy, about 18 degrees and a risk of rain. Mor substantial rain is due on Thursday by the looks of it.

Comment

Two slices of toast and marmite had for a late breakfast.

Three coffees so far - well, half cups as I keep forgetting about them and they go cold.

Comment

Working...
                      X