• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've not had many conferences calls today (even though we're in the process of going live this weekend), so I've had more time to listen to calls The Wife (tm) is on.

We're now running out of a list of hospitals that she considers safe to go to if something happens to her.
    If something happens to me, she'll treat for as long as possible. She knows what to do.
    If something happens to her, she's told me who to call, who will advise me.
    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
      IIRC that was the one where the narrator said in portentous tones that the Japanese were expected, within the year, to have a RAM chip capable of storing 64K
      64k bits of DRAM.

Who'd have thunk it?

As the saying at the time was "what's the difference between static and dynamic ram?".

"Static ram works".

Back in the day of the 8080 and the S100 bus & all that jazz.

Tea: a remarkably fiery chili con carne that seems to have become even more fearsome in the intervening week in the freezer. :

Sweet: stewed apple and gooseberries with custard.

0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

HR:59 SpO2: 97%
      When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Kibworth Harcourt Parish Council discovered this morning that their nice new St. George’s flag was actually a Japanese flag: St George's Day celebration in village does not quite go according to plan - Leicestershire Live

Comment

Watching Michael Portillo in his Asian Railway programme. It's been repeated recently as 60 minute episodes. In Thailand today.

Comment

Kibworth Harcourt Parish Council discovered this morning that their nice new St. George’s flag was actually a Japanese flag: St George's Day celebration in village does not quite go according to plan - Leicestershire Live

considering the gofundme page we are hardly the land of the rising sun.
            Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Entertainment: BBC4: Maps.

BBC4: How Britain won the space race. (Are they on drugs or what?)

BBC4: Mark Kermode on Kinema: Coming of age. Doesn't sound promising.

Then either Simon Schama's History of Britain or Wonderfalls as the fancy takes me at the time.
              When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

A car’s just been taken away on a recovery truck over the road, apparently at the instigation of the police. Probably a no insurance thing, I assume

Comment

Watching the recorded BBC news took less than 20s today. Swear, fwd, swear, fwd, swear, fwd, swear, fwd.... Delete recording. Switch to The Simpsons.
                  bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                  John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Once that palaver was over I was able to get my own treasure: a pulse oximeter.

And anyway, it’s always fun to have a new medical gadget to play with

My O2 level appears to be between 98% and 99% depending on which finger I use and how well I position it
                    Out of interest which one did you purchase and why?

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
                      It takes a while these days, without BR14 and BP to keep the drivel count up
                      It's not just this site, I've see strange moderating decisions on a few sites recently. Facebook's got worse as well, what with all the lockdown n00bs coming on and sending warnings that were first circulated 10 years ago, the same repetitive puzzles, etc.
                      The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Working...
                      X