• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
    Curious.

I had the century for a while, it said so, then, voila! it was purloined.

I've been robbed!

However, Century!.
    Hence my whoops! I didn't expect to pip you at the post

Comment

Another morning of listening to Pink Floyd whilst dozing gently in my chair.

Today: the original version of "Wish You Were Here" which I've not listened to all the way through in many years, followed by "Comfortably Numb", "Learning to Fly", "High Hopes" and "Another Brick in the Wall" off the Pulse cds.

I wonder what next door made of it.
      When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Coffee and cake break. Although it's close enough to lunch time that maybe I ought not.

Too late!

Comment

Bread turned out well.
          …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Afternoon denizens

Bright sunny day out, and currently running at 17°C

Comment

Lunch: Heinz lentil soup with Morrisons wholemeal sunflower seed & spelt bread, bramble jelly sandwich on Morrisons sunflower and pumpkin seed bread, fruit corner thing, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

I've finally crawled to the completion of the reading of "The Mitrokhin Archive".

Dear Deity, that took a while.

Dunno what to read next.

Maybe something about the CIA instead.

HR: 62, SpO2: 97%.

Comment

67, 99%

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                  496, 731
                  And yesterday was 520, 757

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
                    I've finally crawled to the completion of the reading of "The Mitrokhin Archive".

Dear Deity, that took a while.

Dunno what to read next.

Maybe something about the CIA instead.
                    Ah.

This sounds suitable: "Legacy of Ashes: The History of the CIA" by Tim Weiner.

Comment

I see BBC iPlayer has a load of classic episodes of Horizon up, including Now The Chips Are Down from 1978

IIRC that was the one where the narrator said in portentous tones that the Japanese were expected, within the year, to have a RAM chip capable of storing 64K

Comment

Working...
                      X