• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You ought to try "The Seventh Seal".

That's quite amusing too.

It was included in a list of films to watch whilst banged up in lockdown.

I think I'd seen almost every one they mentioned.

Including all three "Last Man on Earth" epics.

20 Virus Outbreak Movies, From 'The Seventh Seal' to '12 Monkeys'
    Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 16 April 2020, 18:38.
    When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Are “blow up hot tubs” the new trampoline for identifying chav gardens?
      Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
      I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
        I am going to take a break from CUK for a while. I disagree strongly with moderation standards here. Allowing: -
        1. Racists
        2. Posters starting threads attacking other posters

to go unchallenged makes me feel quite unwell.

No doubt I will go through all the tedious drivel posts at some point and I hope all my friends at tpd remain well
        Which posts? Or are the in the HMRC forums where I keep the fook away
        Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
        I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
          You ought to try "The Seventh Seal".

That's quite amusing too.

It was included in a list of films to watch whilst banged up in lockdown.

I think I'd seen almost every one they mentioned.

Including all three "Last Man on Earth" epics.

20 Virus Outbreak Movies, From 'The Seventh Seal' to '12 Monkeys'
          That’s a pretty good list, thanks

I’ve been vaguely intending to watch The Seventh Seal for ages, but haven’t got around to buying it yet

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
            That’s a pretty good list, thanks

I’ve been vaguely intending to watch The Seventh Seal for ages, but haven’t got around to buying it yet

Ah haven't seen Blindness yet. The other ones are right though. The 12 monkeys series on Prime was good.
            Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

The much anticipated Excavation In The Freezer has revealed some frozen raspberries
              Raspberries are crap in the freezer even for a short time, go all soggy.

Found freezing is a good plan for onions though. I hate cutting them, they hurt my eyes. With some frozen ones I just took em down the shed and broke them up with a hammer and chisel. Painless.
              bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
              John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

I’ve now got the bone from Sunday’s roast shoulder of lamb, accompanied by certain vegetables and herbs and a lot of salt and pepper, simmering very gently in the slow cooker to produce lamb stock. This evening, that in turn will be used with spuds and the rest of the meat (of which there is a lot) to make a simple lamb stew
                This turned out well. I left that lot in the slow cooker until about half seven, when I retrieved the veg and blitzed them, and the bones whence the connective tissues had deliquesced, leaving a few stray bits of meat. Having discarded the bones after picking the last few meaty bits off, I chopped up the rest of the meat and a roughly equivalent weight of spuds, and chucked the whole lot (with some more water) in the InstantPot™ for twenty-five minutes of pressure cooking, followed by a period on a high simmer to reduce it all. It turned out exceedingly nice, which seems fair after all that effort

But there’s loads of it!

I’m now considering various ways I can get it crammed into the freezer

And after all that, the recycling bin has been trundled, so I think it’s time to unwind

Comment

I see BR14 has managed to get himself banned again

Comment

I see BR14 has managed to get himself banned again
                    Yet the other doom mongers spreading their brand of depressive nonsense aren't winding their necks in

Comment

Entertainment: Alistair Cooke's America:

E9: "Money on the Land" all about the change from little farms to big farms, industry, etc.

E10: "The Huddled Masses" about the immigration during the 19th and early 20th centuries.

Kermode's cinema thing about Heist Movies, which was reasonably amusing.

Must get around to watching Heat again, Baby Driver, The French Connection again, The Italian Job, etc.
                      When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Working...
                      X