• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Morning all

Happy Easter

Weather - light fluffy clouds, 16 deg
    Married

Comment

The Hamster Factor and Other Tales of 12 Monkeys is available on YouTube! I shall give that a watch.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ufyWxk5__YI

Comment

Mr Gilliam's method of film making seems quite fraught.

The documentary illuminated a couple of things I'd completely missed.

Including the hamster.

These auteurs seem to worry about stuff that passes unnoticed over the heads of the lumpen proletariat like me.

It's only when it's pointed out in the special features that it changes the story completely.
        Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 12 April 2020, 09:57.
        When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

WM - Lounge Curtains
          Married

Comment

Morning denizens, and a Happy Easter to those who’d like one

Sunny start out and already up to 19°C

Showers and rain forecast for the evening though, and the temperature will apparently drop quite sharply overnight

Warning: Monkey Life today is starting at noon rather than 2pm. It still runs for the full six hours

Comment

Beef it is aroasting, not long to go now.

House roughly vacced, I can't be arsed to move stuff these days, plus it's almost time for spring cleaning when stuff does get moved.

Not looking forward to moving the TVs though, the plumbing behind that lot is fraught to say the least.

Since there's no afternoon shop today, things are taking a more relaxed approach, but lunch should be served fairly soon.

Since I failed to bisect the joint of beef, there's likely to be rather a lot of it this week.

No rice pud again, not due to lack of milk, more due to lack of motivation, as in I can't be arsed.

The yogurts have been moved from fridge 2 to fridge 1, and rinsed under the tap Just To Make Sure, like.

Due to continued protests from The Leg, today's exercise is unlikely to involve the trek of the last few days, maybe a considerably shorter enterprise would suit.
              When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

The Polish café has been shut yesterday and today

Could be an Easter thing, or it could be that they’ve found they can’t keep going on takeaway orders alone. I’ve got a vague memory of them closing for a couple of days over a (non-Christmas) holiday period at some time, maybe last Easter. With Poles tending towards Catholicism, perhaps it’s a time when they traditionally cook for the family and so there won’t be many takeaway orders, and the owners want the time to themselves too. We shall see…

Comment

Up relatively early for a ride on the bike this morning.

Beautiful day. Lots of walkers, runners and cyclists out. Pretty much everyone happy to give a wave or a nod as they went past. Hardly any private cars, and the ones that were out were passing wide and slow when needed. It was lovely.

Sods law says the minute the lockdown is lifted it will be back to anger and recrimination over who gets to use the roads.
                  "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

lunch was a bacon sarnie, with lashings of HP sauce.

bored.

can't move around much, so i'll probably stay that way.

managed to trundle the recycling bin.

meh.

Comment

Got home to find the MrsB had prepared Sunday Lunch. Leg of lamb now roasting the oven. Veg all prepped. Nowt for me to do but sit in the sun with a beer
                      "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Working...
                      X