• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    After the excitement of Monkey Life this afternoon, and a bit more of the Horizon SARS-CoV2 special whilst dining, I wasn’t sure what to watch. But then it came to me: TAOM E1, in which certain apes in Africa evolve ideas above their station and spread themselves around the globe

Apparently some bigwig at the BBC was worried that viewers would be distracted by Bronowski’s eloquent gesticulations and suggested doing more of the programme with voiceovers rather than filming him speaking, demonstrating once again that however much the rest of mankind may have ascended, TV executives have remained wallowing in the mire

Still pretty windy out

Goodnight all
    I thought the one thing it missed out on was The Black Monolith and Also Sprach Zarathustra.

Does anyone know what that computer system was?

The keyboard on the display terminal sounded very much like an ASR33 keyboard when he typed on it in a later ep.
    When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Morning All

Weather - Sunny, 7 Deg, Bit Windy

Breakfast - Bran Flakes / Cheerios mix, OJ, Coffee, Toast

Lunch - Chicken Curry

Aldi - MrsAG reports no queuing to get in today, not many people out
      Married

Comment

Originally posted by Scruff View Post
        Tell me why...?
        i don't like Mondays ?
        Married

Comment

YouTube

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
            They didn't quite get the lyrics right

Comment

Windy, overcast and cold. Occasionally the sun pokes through but the clouds get it covered back up sharpish like there is no place for that kind of hopeful warmth any more.

I'm in a decidedly downbeat mood.

My interwebnet is being very slow and tedious.

I think I'll go back to bed.

Comment

Links are up

Comment

Half a walk walked.

The Leg complained so it got terminated early.

It's much colder out there today, something like 10 deg colder than last week.

The gale seems to have brought down a lot of bits of tree onto the road.

Lovely blue sky though.

Now debating what to have for lunch.

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
                    Now debating what to have for lunch.
                    Same

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                      Same
                      Inspection of the contents of the fridge reminded me that I still had several sausage rolls left. I now have fewer

Comment

Working...
                      X