• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

morning all

Weather - Grey, 4 degrees

Breakfast - 3 weetabix, toast coffee

Lunch - Spam, Egg, Chips, Beans

C19 Status - OK

TP Status - Plenty

Hump Day as well as April Fools Day
    Married

Comment

I don't know what day it is and I tried to put on a second t-shirt this morning over the top of the first. I think that I may be unravelling. May go back to bed.
      ---

Former member of IPSE.

---
      Many a mickle makes a muckle.

---

Comment

Originally posted by wattaj View Post
        I don't know what day it is and I tried to put on a second t-shirt this morning over the top of the first. I think that I may be unravelling. May go back to bed.
        Thurdnesday????
        merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by Zigenare View Post

Anyway...

Cautionary tale #1. I've been administering my late mother's estate, and found that she's been buying "Quarter Sovereigns" from "London Mint Office" - while valuing her estate I've found that the pile of little coins that she's paid £255 quid each for are actually worth ~£75 each for their Gold content... So, thanks Mother, you've poured away £180 per coin... Having done a little research, something my Mother should've done, I've found quite a few complaints regarding "London Mint Office" and their dealings. Don't touch with a barge pole!

Cautionary tale #2. I found a bill for a company based in Liverpool for a new battery for Mother's solar panel system. They charged her £5000 for the battery, that ordinarily would've cost her ~£2000 including fitting, if in fact she really needed one in the first place! This company too is scattered all over the internet with regards to their shady practices!!! My brother wants us to "visit" the MD of the company. I'm inclined to have someone else do that job for me...

The above cautionary tales have been posted as a warning to all of you with elderly independent relatives, maybe we shouldn't let them be so independent...

to all and "let's be careful out there"...
          In both those cases, the simple rule is ALWAYS check prices and shop around...

Comment

Morning, all petrol station en route closed this morning, meaning a trip out lunchtime with the possibility of not being able to get back in the car park.

Breakfast innocent cherry juice, bacon roll with lashings of red sauce, cup of hot chocolate.

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
              In both those cases, the simple rule is ALWAYS check prices and shop around...
              No mate, the golden rule is to ensure that your 76 year old mother is savvy enough to look after your inheritance!
              Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Originally posted by Zigenare View Post
                No mate, the golden rule is to ensure that your 76 year old mother is savvy enough to look after your inheritance!
                Well my parents can't spend it as quickly as they were as the cruise industry has closed down..

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                  Scourer’s quiet today. Maybe the goats got him!
                  Apologies. I find it ironic that when I post stuff I am accused of having mental health issues. When things are bad I post nothing or very little. I prefer to be left alone.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
                    I still haven't done anything with the pineapple HWMBO left behind. How long do they last for?
                    If you can pull a leaf from the top, it is ready.

They can last weeks...

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
                      I have a new-found admiration for BP. Creating this amount of drivel is really hard work!
                      You just have to be really autistic and it is fun...

Comment

Working...
                      X