• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pleased to report my bin is now empty (rather than been bin laden, I assume ).

They don't take glass here any more.

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
      The starter needs to be plain flour, not bread flour. As for "out of date", I've no idea when the plain flour went out of date, as we keep it in a Kilner jar. I know the wholemeal bread flour is 2 years out of date, as I was given it by the local pub last week when they were shutting up - they said it was OOD, but I was welcome to have it to try to make bread, as they knew the local shop was out of bread flour.
      I thought it was only truly out date once the Weevils had hatched and taken up residence
      The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Morning denizens

Grey out, 7°C, dry

I popped out at 8:30 to check if the main back gate was open for bin access; it was, and my upstairs neighbour’s car was not there, so he must be on an early shift. I’m not sure what he does but he does it at a food factory out in the county, and it appears he can’t do it from home. (I’ve got a vague feeling it might be something to do with electrical and/or mechanical stuff, but I can’t remember what first gave me that notion.)

Anyway, the bins are there for the emptying - especially the main household waste ones, which weren’t done last week. If they get missed again this week, I suspect there’ll be phone calls to the council from whoever it is that phones the council and complains when the bins aren’t emptied for two weeks in a row

Email from Sainsbury’s overnight revealing that they’ll be removing their limits on the number of any given thing that you can buy as of Sunday, except for the stuff that only obsessive preppers get like that foul UHT milk

Not that I ever buy anything beyond the limits other than wine and beer

Anyway, I don’t really need very much today, so I might leave Sainsbury’s until next week, when I at least won’t face the prospect of absentmindedly trying to get four loose jam doughnuts and being castigated by the robot voice at the self-checkout

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
          101 and 187. Looks like the county made it past our defences. Probably snuck in down the A50 with support from their Fifth Column in County Hall
          Forgot to check this last night. 107 and 201, so it doesn’t seem to be exponential right now

Comment

Originally posted by MrMarkyMark View Post
            I thought it was only truly out date once the Weevils had hatched and taken up residence

extra protein!
            Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Morning all

Dry.

Grey.

White sky.

Notsocold.

Friday apparently, inasmuch as it doesn't seem to be Sunday.

Did the Second Sleep thing again last night, waking at 04:00 precisely.

There's something that hums at the limits of perception, probably a fridge or a freezer, and it starts and stops, which is irritating.

Oh, there's a bit of blue sky over there.

It rained a bit last night.

Smalls in & out of the WM and in the TD.

Shirts in the WM.
              When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
                Doing all the catch ups in one post (efficient!)
                How are we going to reach tjhe double century of posts today if we are efficient?

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                  How are we going to reach tjhe double century of posts today if we are efficient?
                  i'll make it up with drivel
                  Married

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
                    The starter needs to be plain flour, not bread flour. As for "out of date", I've no idea when the plain flour went out of date, as we keep it in a Kilner jar. I know the wholemeal bread flour is 2 years out of date, as I was given it by the local pub last week when they were shutting up - they said it was OOD, but I was welcome to have it to try to make bread, as they knew the local shop was out of bread flour.
                    Oh ok. Some starter recipes called for using strong flour. Well that's good then, I will use the plain flour I have.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                      Goodness, you're right. I am evidently not on form today.

Who puts one post up when three would do?

I consider myself

Comment

Working...
                      X