• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Morning all

Overcast with a slight moistening of the ground (weather app thinks it's sunny with some cloud). Currently 16 degrees, 1012 mBar (both before and after a tap). Forecast reckons a high of 22, with risk of rain from 1300. Thunderstorm potential at 1500 and 1800 - the 1800 slot being accompanied by very heavy rainfall.

First coffee being drunk. A day of back to back meetings from 10.

Comment

Morning all : wave:

Breakfast - usual

Lunch - Chowder

Weather - a lot fresher today, no sun, slight breeze, 14 degrees, 999 mBar

Forecast - thunder
      Married

Comment

Morning denizens

"Foggy" out again, 16°C, no rain yet but thunderstorms likely throughout the afternoon and evening

Today is the virtual AWS Summit, for the non-virtual version of which I travel to Excel most years; but of course nobody wants to go there now, so they're doing it online instead. I've currently got Werner Vogels, Amazon's CTO, giving his keynote

Comment

Big storms over Manchester last night. Nice and cool but now very warm again. No breeze again, which will nullify air-clearing work done by the rain last night.

Coffee is on form this week - Manchester Blend from Mancoco.
          The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Morning all
            Latest loaf (made yesterday) has turned out well.

Currently overcast but dry, 18C, and all appears well with the world. A project manager has sent me a file for me to update the project management pieces of a project, because it's not his job to do that.
            He's also sent me a presentation containing most of the updates, but done as screen grabs, so you can't copy the info out of them.
            I'm about to pass it on to a junior consultant to do.
            …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Morning all

Dry.

Humid.

Close.

Grey.

Sunless.

Wednesday.

In other news, "More or Less" has been extended.

Bozo, Cummings, and Hancock will be upset.
              When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
                Morning all
                Latest loaf (made yesterday) has turned out well.

Currently overcast but dry, 18C, and all appears well with the world. A project manager has sent me a file for me to update the project management pieces of a project, because it's not his job to do that.
                He's also sent me a presentation containing most of the updates, but done as screen grabs, so you can't copy the info out of them.
                I'm about to pass it on to a junior consultant to do.
                There's someone below you in the pecking order? When did that promotion happen?

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
                  There's someone below you in the pecking order? When did that promotion happen?

This isn't homelife, this is work.
                  …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Also its hump day today, forgot
                    Married

Comment

Exercise bicycling done while listening to the end of a talk about AWS Amplify and the start of one about messaging in microservices

You can't do that in the Excel conference centre

Though knowing American companies, if I suggest it to AWS they might well make it an option next time the event happens in the real world

Comment

Working...
                      X