• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

She won't be getting news off the Beeb red button teletext for much longer because it's being closed down.
    Darn it! What am I going to do during breakfast?
    bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
    John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
      Darn it! What am I going to do during breakfast?
      I listen to the Today prog on R4.

Or at least I do until it annoys me so much I switch the fecking thing off.

This happens quite frequently, in particular when the blonde buffoon is on or the obnoxious Gove rears his ugly physog.

Most of the time I'm shouting "feck off you lying Tory bastard" at the wireless which is an exercise in futility but better than reaching for the nearest AK.

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
      Apparently they’re doing rugby football this afternoon, up at the place that’s in the way when I walk to the station
      How inconsiderate of them.

Do they do that on the same days as the association football lot or is it specially arranged so that doesn't happen?

Our favourite fixture is the Neath/Llanelli fixture which is (or used to be) on the same Saturday in September as the Fair.

These days Neath RFC is so reduced in circumstance that it no longer matters much.

Tea this evening is chili con carne (big pan of currently cooking on the stove) with rice and one of those nice little Xmas puds from Morrisons to follow, with custard.

All to be rounded off with 1.05 pints of Good Glengettie Tea.
      Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 21 December 2019, 16:58.
      When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Lunch earlier was a nice bowl of Scotch broth, with a crust of wholemeal and a slice of sesame bloomer

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
        How inconsiderate of them.

Do they do that on the same days as the association football lot or is it specially arranged so that doesn't happen?

Our favourite fixture is the Neath/Llanelli fixture which is (or used to be) on the same Saturday in September as the Fair.

These days Neath RFC is so reduced in circumstance that it no longer matters much.
        They seem to make some effort to keep them on separate days, though they do happen on the same day occasionally. As the rugby and soccer places are only about half-a-mile apart, either side of one of the main roads into the city centre, each on its own tends to put great strain on the already limited parking available in their vicinity, not to mention clogging up the one-way system. When they’re both on the same day, I try to avoid going anywhere near that area at all

Comment

Meanwhile in China: China flight systems jammed by pig farm’s African swine fever defences | South China Morning Post

Comment

Roast chicken for dinner. With all the trimmings.

Comment

It’s been raining

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                It’s been raining
                wot? - in the chinese?

Comment

dinner has been fishy.
                  Sardine fillets, pan fried with garlic, tomato and a red chilli.
                  with pilau rice and garden peas <mixed>
                  quite nice, i thought.

oh, and yet more Rioja.

<maybe i should post less in tpd, - i'm being attacked for it by the ultimate AssHole, and his plastic paddy chum. scary, so it is. frightened i am>

ho hum

Comment

To the Chinese for tea, which was very nice as always

They had been busy with deliveries, but…

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
                    wot? - in the chinese?
                    No, but there’s a road near here that always floods when it rains heavily, after which some idiots will ignore the warning signs, drive in, and get stuck. Tonight, it was the delivery driver’s turn to be that idiot

So she’d had to cancel the orders he was on his way to deliver, and was short a driver, which restricts the amount of further orders for delivery that she can accept

Comment

so you waited longer than usual?

Comment

Working...
                      X