• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
    Afternoon all
    Murky here, almost got hit by a road cyclist who was all in black with no lights and doing about 30mph with his head down.
    walking stick, back wheel, tragic accident.

job done

oh, remember to retrieve the stick before calling 999
    and blame it on the horse sh1t

Comment

There we are then: "Tabula Rasa"ed.

Amazingly laugh out loud funny in many parts between the overwhelming angst.

Particularly the bunnies.

<hiatus>

Lunch was rather nice today, the chicken breast and bacon thing seems to have worked quite well, followed as it was by 1.05 pints of Good Glengettie Tea.

The trip to Tesco and Morrisons was accomplished, with a BMW living up to its name in the Tesco carpark.

Apparently the BM idly smoking and sitting on his arse in it couldn't be arsed to park properly, and was presumably awaiting the return of his BBW from the shopping experience.

There we are that should offend the sensitve.

I'm probaly lucky not to have commented and got myself shot or stabbed.
      Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 24 November 2019, 14:51.
      When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Cycling earlier. Some damned pedestrian walked right under my wheels. Almost got him.....

Comment

Pot of tea and a toasted teacake with lashings of butter, you say? Don’t mind if I do

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
            Pot of tea and a toasted teacake with lashings of butter, you say? Don’t mind if I do
            No. I said "Do you washing and move that bike"......

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
              The only excuse for not doing so is preparing for Monday Links....

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                As it happens, a bedding wash is on, and was when I brewed up

Still haven’t got enough space in one place for Mystery Bike.

Comment

The stagger up the hill tothe viewless point took place earlier while it was still sort of light, if gradually getting darker.

Remarkably warm, much warmer than last week, to the point where scarf was removed and gloves taken off before a third of the way up was reached.

On the "Tabula Rasa" front, the funny bits of this were watched again, one can never see too much of Anya conjuring bunnies out of thin air.

Followed in turn by the commentary & other specials on "Once More with Feeling".

Tea this evening was baked beans on Morrisons sunflower and pumpkin seeded toast.

With the requisite 1.05 pints of Good Glengettie Tea it was most satisfying.
                  When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Inspired by DrS, I saw an episode of abandoned engineering.

It had a good piece on the Aerotrain . Which I searched fopr on CUK and has not been mentioned before.

Also a piece on Kelvedon Nuclear Bunker. Which DS1(now nearly 18) loved when he was 4 years old. I had to take him 6 times in one year!

Comment

Watched the first two episodes of the new series (series 5) of The Repair Shop. Always enjoy the craftsmanship on that show.

Now watching Guy Martin and his tractor.

Comment

Working...
                      X