• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
    with amber rudd?
    Thankfully not

In fact, a return to normal this week as there were no other on-premises customers

And the food was very nice, as always

Comment

Tonight’s première was the remaining dinosaur film I hadn’t got around to yet, Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom (2018). All a bit more-of-the-same really, but entertaining enough as far as that goes

And then a rewatch of Batman Begins (2005), which is good stuff, although I wouldn’t have minded if they’d spent maybe $10K less on the special effects so they could have paid somebody to type up some subtitles for it

Finally, I figured I might as well start on S3 of The Wire with Time After Time (TV Episode 2004), which starts with the demolition of the infamous Franklin Terrace tower blocks. In reality, they’d been demolished years before; the towers in S1 and S2 were in a different area (the McCulloh Homes) and used solely as elderly people’s housing. They were dirtied up with graffiti and so on for filming then cleaned up again afterwards, and they survive to this day. Here’s the towers used in the show, and here’s the Pit where the sofa used to sit among the low-rises; the trees have grown a bit since then

And for good measure, here’s where William Gant the security guard was shot in the head for testifying against D’Angelo Barksdale in S1E1.

Goodnight all
      Last edited by NickFitz; 24 November 2019, 04:55. Reason: Maps URL for the Gant shooting Street View didn’t take the first time. They do that sometimes.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
        had a blonde moment when I ordered it last week.
        Hair-Colour-ist!

Comment

Comment

Breakfast was omlette cooked by mrs-bp. So it was superb. If I had cooked it I doubt it would have been edible.

9am I take 2 children to crooky trail.

Comment

morning all

misty this morning

Comment

Morning all

No current precipitation.

Grey with a white sky with what might just be hints of blue.

Bit warmer at 18.1 deg in here this morning, which, oddly enough, feels cooler than yesterday's 17 deg.

Slept until 08:50 so must have been tired or something.

Got to listen to Adam Gopnic's spiel in bed rather than when making breakfast.

Very unusual.

Must be dying or something.

<taps screen: is this thing borked again?>

Chicken breasts with bacon aroasting in the oven.

Query: why are two chicken breasts more expensive than an entire chicken?

The twoness will cause some problems on Wednesday when Something Else Must Be Done to cope with dinner.

I suspect the remains of last week's roast beef will be pressed into service.

The Sunday Morning vac has been done, at least for the small amounts of carpet visible currently, which ain't much.

I think I'll watch the remainder of "Tabula Rasa" now for want of anything betterer to do.

The walk has been postponed until this afternoon, presumably following the shopping expedition to Tesco and Morrisons.

<hiatus>

Ah. It's not me that's dead, it's everyone else.

I'm the star in my very own version of "I am Leg End".
                Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 24 November 2019, 11:45.
                When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Morning denizens

Grey but fairly mild out; about 8°C at the moment, and over 17° within

No rain, but everything’s still damp from the last lot. It seems like that a lot at the moment

Comment

Why are weather forecast always so pessimistic? For my area says thick cloud. Actually a blue sky with hardly any cloud at all.
                    bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                    John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Afternoon all
                      Murky here, almost got hit by a road cyclist who was all in black with no lights and doing about 30mph with his head down.
                      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Working...
                      X