• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just filled the ice cube tray and popped it in the freezer. It occurred to me that were I willing to chuck away all the food, I could remove the trays and curl up in there quite comfortably, which seems like the only way of getting any relief from this damnable heat short of emigrating to Greenland

Comment

It's chucking it down.

If this goes on too long the goddamn grass will start growing again.
      When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Fish and Chips was pretty meh to be honest

but it filled a hole

needs some chocolate and debating on whether to head home

but I think I need to drive the missus somewhere which means I cannot have a beer until thats done

so not sure I fancy sitting in the back garden in this weather without a beer so maybe no need to leave here early.

hey ho choices choices.

Comment

Just been examining the windows that don't open. I'm starting to wonder if it's possible to remove the old putty, take out the pane (which is about four foot high by fourteen inches wide), free the painted-shut exterior of the sash, then put the pane back in with fresh putty. But as I have no experience of doing such things, I'd probably mess it up and end up with a broken window

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
            Just filled the ice cube tray and popped it in the freezer. It occurred to me that were I willing to chuck away all the food, I could remove the trays and curl up in there quite comfortably, which seems like the only way of getting any relief from this damnable heat short of emigrating to Greenland
            I had a nice time in the chilled isle in Sainsbury's the other night.

Comment

Originally posted by barrydidit View Post
              I had a nice time in the chilled isle in Sainsbury's the other night.
              Just been to boots. Ice-eeze pack. Deep freeze. And insect repellent as my foot got bitten twice last night. And not by the gf either.

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
                It's chucking it down.

If this goes on too long the goddamn grass will start growing again.
                Al right. - don't rub it in.
                Dry as a funeral drum here.
                and getting feckin' hotter

Comment

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
                  Last night just a mile from me it was raining. Nothing for me though. I hope it will bucket down soon.

Comment

20 miles up the road from here.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/uk-eng...ught-on-camera
                    "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
                      Brrrrrr.

Thinking of putting a jumper on.
                      When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Working...
                      X