• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Current project now has 4 project managers on the IT side and two people delivering the project. Both of whom are working on another project at the same time.

This may be a project worth dissociating myself from.
    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
      Dead.

Now.
      Drivelling from beyond the grave?

How does it feel?

Comment

For lunch, I decided to declare a "Bollocks to MyFitnessPal" day and revisit a light snack I used to put together with items from the café when I was contracting at Cambridge Assessment: a sausage and bacon butty made with hot buttered toast

The sausages I used weren't quite the same as the really rather good ones they served, though, so I'll need to try again some time

Lincolnshire, I reckon they were. The food wasn't at all bad there.

Comment

The cloud cover is now complete here. It got quite dark for a few minutes, as if it was going to rain, but then it backed off.

Cooler out now, though.

Comment

Ready for cremation now. <- me going up the chimbley.

In other news, the next door neighbours have found that the building oiks will be there tomorrow which relieves me of the slight problem of not giving a tulip.

The sky is an almost uniform light grey that melds nicely into the slightly darker grey of the sea.

I won't be able to see the sea from the next abode, mostly because it's likely to be washing around the fecking foundations.

Having just removed, yet again, the component cabinets, I was wondering quietly to myself how the feck I managed to get them so perfectly aligned the last time.

Must have done a lot of measuring.

I was quite impressed.

I'll wager than they'll not be nearly so neat in the new place.

Got to the stage of being so knackered that I wasn't doing anything, so buggered off.

Had words with ticket chappy on the barrier.

Travelled back to Neath on the Hirohito's Revenge.

Staggered homeward only to meet my colleague who retired last year, and a chap who still works with us.

Tea, unusually for a Tuesday, was breaded M&S haddock, followed by stewed red gooseberries, icecream, and custard (Birds of course).

Stuffed now.

And one of the piles of dvds fell over sometime during the day.

To celebrate, I shall watch one of the two copies of "Sin City" currently in my possession.

The recalcitrant sky box was doing the breaking up thing they're so fond of when I recorded "Elementary".

I've found it necessary to adjust the angle of inclination of the lnb in a probably futile attempt to fix it.

Time will tell.

Can't understand it really, since it's been like that for years, so why it should change now is baffling.

Maybe I should clean the window the dish looks through.

"Sin City" turned into "Basic" with John Travolta & Samuel L Jackson.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0264395/

It was pretty good & half an hour shorter.
            Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 17 July 2018, 21:40.
            When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Dinner tonight was a repeat of Sunday: roast pork with the trimmings

This was because not only was there plenty of pork left, but I'd also somehow managed to make far too many roast spuds then, so they needed to be used up

Not that one needs any excuse to have another roast dinner, of course

Comment

TFBSZ
                …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

hours of Kimball Data warehouse books & ETL courses, my head hurts.

Micro V put to bed.

Miss V2 phoned and is enjoying her course.

stir fry chicken for tea.

Collected Miss V1 from work.

Mrs V put to bed.

back to the books with Diners, Drive ins & dives - the food channel can be fun. Earlier it was Quest & wheeler dealers rebuilding a TR6 - I felt young again. No films sorry to say.

Brought a new Li Ion drill, a couple of months ago my Hitachi released magic smoke its not long for this world . Other bits & bobs on Prime day. £250 spent on stuff I use, £100+ saved. Yes real savings against other retailers.

Wish me luck, I'm pretending I know what I am doing tomorrow. Luckily now I am on second interview I'm catnip to Agents, they all want to get their hands on my CV.
                  Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Haven't seen BR14 here in a while. Maybe he hasn't realised his seven day ban is over?

Comment

Tonight's film was Jack Reacher: Never Go Back (2016). OK, though not as good as the first one I felt

Goodnight all

Comment

Working...
                      X