• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
    Tonight's 2nd feature proved to be "The Enemy Below" with Robert Mitchum and Curd Jurgens.

The Enemy Below (1957) - IMDb
    And The Strangelove post search utility proves of use once again.

So I watched that back then & have just found the 2nd copy whilst moving all the dvds into a humoungous pile in the front room "office" which is now officially a firetrap.

'Tis of interest exactly how little of these films I can recollect after a mere 2 months.

There was a woman on The Food Programme at lunchtime talking of her mother's dementia.

I find this quite worrying.

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    I can post a good recipe for cherry & almond cake if you want

Looks like scruff wants the recipe.

<brief pause with an interstitial hiatus>

Oh good, it's Frexit on "The Archers".

I want to light a bonfire but there's washing out next door.

Ho hum.

It'll have to wait for the snow.
    Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 31 March 2019, 18:29.
    When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

'Tis of interest exactly how little of these films I can recollect after a mere 2 months.

There was a woman on The Food Programme at lunchtime talking of her mother's dementia.

I find this quite worrying.
      It must be well over ten years ago that my Dad told me that one of the advantages of age was that he could watch stuff again (his example was an episode of The West Wing) and have no real recollection of it, so it was almost as good as watching it for the first time

He's still chugging along and still doesn't have dementia, or at least hasn't been diagnosed with it, and he's spent enough time in hospital and at the doctor's that somebody would presumably have spotted it by now. So there's hope for us yet

Comment

I can post a good recipe for cherry & almond cake if you want
        Looks like scruff wants the recipe.
        I'd better dig it out then I posted it on Twitter a while ago in 280 characters, so it isn't complicated; ah, here it is:

8oz butter or marg, 8oz caster sugar, 8oz plain flour, 1 teaspoon baking powder, 4oz ground almonds, 4oz glacé cherries, 3 eggs, few drops almond essence, some blanched almonds. Cream fat & sugar, add other stuff, beat. 8” cake tin, nuts on top, gas mark 3/160°C/320°F 1½-1¾ hours

The "nuts on top" bit refers to the blanched almonds, which don't go in with the "other stuff" even though it might appear so on first reading

Also, it's probably better to do the beating without the cherries, then fold/stir them in once the batter is made.

And if you scroll up a couple of tweets, there's a photo of my first attempt.

Comment

fukushima class chilli for dinner, with garlic and coriander naan.

I have been busy today.

and up bright and early to save clientco from meltdown tomorrow

Comment

This evening's epic is "Final Score (2018)" with that guy who was in "Blade Runner 2049" as a replicant.

Final Score (2018) - IMDb

Comment

This evening's epic is "Final Score (2018)" with that guy who was in "Blade Runner 2049" as a replicant.

Final Score (2018) - IMDb
              I've got that one, so I shall await your verdict with considerable interest

Comment

I've got that one, so I shall await your verdict with considerable interest
                Surprisingly tense & entertaining.

I enjoyed that.

Dave Bautista seems quite talented at what he does.

The evening's 2nd feature was the Oak Island Nutjobs, wherein they've found two pieces of human bone (apparently from different bodies), some ceramics, the usual bits of wood, and one of the nutjobs got Lyme Disease, presumably from a tick bite.

The bone is to be carbon dated to determine if it's more than 50 years old, there being some regulation or other about disclosing the finding of stiffs, much like here.

Seeing how many more eps of this nonsense exist, I'm not holding my breath about them finding the Ark of the Covenant any time soon.

TFBSZ since I have to get up at stupid o'clock in the fecking dark again tomorrow.

Comment

The soup finally came to fruition, and very nice it was too; I had a large bowl, with both brown and white toast

The rest has been divvied up, coming to three more bowls of equal size for which I'll have to find space in the freezer. Or I might have one for lunch tomorrow, just to see how the flavour develops overnight.

Comment

Tonight's movie was Heathers (1988). I saw most of this about twenty years ago after coming in from the pub and finding it on, probably on Channel 4. Unsurprisingly I'd forgotten much of it. It's good fun, though I think it seems a bit tamer now than it did then, possibly because American school kids actually do that thing of murdering people at their schools quite frequently nowadays, though in much less inventive and ingenious ways.

Goodnight all

Comment

Morning all it’s a bit early.
                      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Working...
                      X