• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Flight boarded early. Captain says delays at Gatwick as they are changing flight direction. We push back 10 mins early. We go a bit faster than usual and land 30 mins early - before the delays start.
    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
      I've had the spuds-at-the-back-of-the-cupboard situation, and it's a foul reek that emanates once they start to deliquesce
      Well played sir, excellent vocabulary use!
      Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
        Well played sir, excellent vocabulary use!
        It's a good word, always a pleasure to use

Comment

Tonight's main feature was The Bourne Flapdaddle Ultimatum (2007), being virtually the same story as the previous two but with some different places and some the same

Near the start there's an overhead shot of the Grauniad's old offices on Farringdon Road, and at the upper right of that shot is a place where I contracted a few years ago with a digital agency, doing the microsite for ASOS's Urban Tour campaign. But when they cut to street level, it appears the bloke the scene is about is on a different road going into a different building that still claims to be the Grauniad office. The magic of cinema

To follow, another rewatch: Jack Reacher (2012), which I apparently first watched almost a year ago:

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
          Anyway, after that I landed on Jack Reacher, which I thought was very good indeed - enough going on in the story to make it an intelligent thriller, but plenty of action to ensure that one didn't have to think too hard. I reckon any film that has such excellently crashy car chases yet makes me think back to a translator's footnote I read in One Day in the Life of Ivan Denisovich about forty years ago has plenty going for it
          and my opinion stands

Goodnight all

Comment

Hurrah! the laundry room pong seems to have abated.

It's odd that the rather older jersey spuds in the process of consumption haven't got so cosmically unpleasantly rotten whilst the newer ones seemed to have ambitions in the field of chemical warfare.

After a moment of doubt, it would appear that I, too, watched "Jack Reacher", possibly in the last month or two.

I suspect this lack of recall explains the ever increasing piles of duplicates that surround me, though buying the same damn thing 4 times is the current record.

And, by the by, the extras on the fairly dire "Hollywood Homicide" were rather more interesting than most of the film.

Rather interesting to see that the two leads more or less signed up before they'd written what passed for the script.

DrS is now debating where to purchase tomorrow's beef.

Shall it be Morrisons of Rotten Jersey Potato fame?

Or the butcher's shop on Old Market Street, so named, apparently, because that's where the Old Market used to be.

Neath is odd in many ways, a High Street that's not very high, and a Water Street that can be surprisingly watery under certain circumstances.

It's so gratifying to see the plot that belonged to the Strangelove great grandparents turned into a lawn.

Through sheer self control, this morning dvd purchasing was a mere 9.5" or so.

Does anyone know if there's a way of playing HD DVD discs?
            Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 14 July 2018, 10:23.
            When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Son's GF has moved in temporarily (??) with her two cats! Eeegh!
              bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
              John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Morning all hot & humid here and I’ve got a stag do to go to later.
                …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Afternoon denizens

Rather close here, though with patches of cloud providing some relief from the sun

A huge water main that supplies this area broke yesterday teatime, a few hundred yards away from where it broke a few years ago, so apparently the water supply to the district has been a bit patchy this morning - it was fine last night, for some reason. I've had a few splutters from the taps, but running them for a while seems to have fixed that. Severn Trent say (by text message) that it's all sorted now.

Comment

Dutch smoked sausage for lunch

Comment

This afternoon's first feature escape from the unbearable heat was "Losers" with Idris Elba et al.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0480255/

It was ok for what it was, an action flic taken from a comic book.

I bought it because Mr Elba is in it.

Worth 50p of anyone's money in my opinion.

In other news, the blue bottles seem to appreciate said foul & unpleasant spuds.

Following this, a small amount of gardening got done in the unbearable heat in a vain attempt to stop the accursed brambles taking over the place.

Today's 2nd feature then proved to be "Phoenix" with Ray Liotta and Angelica Houston, with et all bringing up the rear.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0119892/?ref_=fn_al_tt_2

It was pretty good, despite desperate lack of understanding of compulsive gambling.

The transfer turned at 2.35:1 film into 4:3 which is less than desirable, and all 3 copies are exactly the same.

Tea was the DrS version of something the interweb reckoned was an approximation to scouse, of which fact I have my doubts.

In its favour it didn't deliquesce.

The one thing in favour of the above mentioned brambles was the unexpected finding that one particular bramble sports some extremely toothsome blackberries.

This evening's 3rd feature was "Great Expectations" with Ethan Hawke, Gwyneth Paltrow, Bob De Niro, and Ann Bancroft.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0119223...nm_flmg_act_60

It was pretty good & didn't need much in the way of FF.

Today's final feature was "Last Vegas" with Bob De Niro, Kevin Kline, Morgan Freeman, Michael Douglas, and Mary Steenburgen.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt1204975/?ref_=fn_al_tt_1

It was very funny in parts especially if you're an old fart.

For some odd reason the extras wouldn't play on the disc since none of the machines allowed access to that menu item.
                      Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 14 July 2018, 22:40.
                      When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Working...
                      X