• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    I think the woman upstairs is learning - or possibly already knows how to play - the guitar. Due to the place being pretty well soundproofed, I can only just hear the faint tinkling of it coming through the ceiling around this time every day.
    You live under Mary Poppins?
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
      You live under Mary Poppins?
      Never seen her with an umbrella, and she's not English, so it's still unclear as yet.

Comment

Home again.
        3 down.
        Currently waiting for the anaesthetic to wear off (they’ve warned me about it). They took out more of my chest than I expected, which now feels tight and stiff. Not sure if the worst bit was the 3rd local into my neck (v painful), or the burning smell as they sealed some of the bleeding on my chest.
        Have to go back to see the consultant next week for the big one, at which point the nurse is going to either remove the stitches from my chest, or re-dress it.
        …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
          3 down.

Have to go back to see the consultant next week for the big one
          Three down, one to go....

<- manly

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
            Liver, bacon, and onion gravy for tea this evening.
            And so it proved to be.

The liver was Morrisons (reduced) and cut rather thicker than I like.

It was nice enough if a little heavy on the chili powder.

Concluded by 1.05 pints of Good Glengettie Tea.

The evening's entertainment began with "Made in America (1993)" with that Whoopi Goldberg and Ted Danson.

Quite funny in parts.

Made in America (1993) - IMDb

Now watching Secret Scotland with Susan Calman, which, today, is in Stirling.

There's curling in it. Like that mad Canadian film I watched a couple of weeks ago.

Home again.
            3 down.
            Hope you're ok.

Now watching "Underground Worlds: Gibraltar" on Yesterday.
            Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 25 September 2019, 19:14.
            When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

And so it proved to be.

The liver was Morrisons (reduced) and cut rather thicker than I like.

It was nice enough if a little heavy on the chili powder.

Concluded by 1.05 pints of Good Glengettie Tea.

The evening's entertainment began with "Made in America (1993)" with that Whoopi Goldberg and Ted Danson.

Quite funny in parts.

Made in America (1993) - IMDb

Now watching Secret Scotland with Susan Calman, which, today, is in Stirling.

There's curling in it. Like that mad Canadian film I watched a couple of weeks ago.

Hope you're ok.

Now watching "Underground Worlds: Gibraltar" on Yesterday.
              's what i had yesterday .

only mine was from the local butcher.

had a pimp trying to convince me to take a gig which involves travelling on aircraft etc.
              'it's only a two hour flight'
              'yes, and 90mins getting there, 90mins standing in queues, and 60mins getting out'

feckwits.

and hotels.
              oh, how i Hate hotels.
              30 years of existing in Hotels.

did i say i hated hotels?

dear oh dear

Comment

Home again.
                3 down.
                Hope you're ok.
                WDrSS <- manly

Tea tonight has been chicken in red wine sauce, with chips and peas. Very nice, it was

It's dry here at the moment, but apparently the rain will visit overnight again

Comment

Hallo Chaps, it’s been ages since I’ve been here - sorry to hear about the medical adventures WTFH. Hope the biopsies are good.
                  "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
                  - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Originally posted by cojak View Post
                    Hallo Chaps, it’s been ages since I’ve been here - sorry to hear about the medical adventures WTFH. Hope the biopsies are good.
                    Evening

Comment

Originally posted by cojak View Post
                      Oh, and if it was you who fixed the title on this week's links, thanks!

Comment

Working...
                      X