• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
    Cold - tube full of tourists
    en route to a hen night in prague??

Comment

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
      en route to a hen night in prague??
      Definitely not.

That would be my idea of hell.
      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
        Definitely not.

That would be my idea of hell.
        yeh, mine too, been there, sort of, several times. - very unpleasant

Comment

Roast lamb dinner.

Comment

In the Chinese

My phone offers to autocomplete that now

Comment

Dinner has been eaten, the chicken needs another forty minutes or so before starting its cooling-off period, and I have a beer, ready to watch a film or two

Comment

Had a lovely late lunch at the Crab Shack in Worthing - well worth a visit.

Now TFBSZ
                …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

This evening's multimedia experience commenced with On Her Majesty's Secret Service, as part of my ongoing and rather drawn-out "watch all the Bond movies in order" thing. I don't know where this one stands in the ardent Bond fans' pantheon, but I've always liked it since I first saw it in the now-demolished Granada cinema in Bedford in the early 1970s, as part of one of those Bond double bills they used to put on to pack the place with teenage boys on weekday afternoons. I don't suppose that could happen nowadays. Anyway, it turns out I still really like it, and if that makes me look bad in the eyes of experts in the field, I don't care in the slightest

After that: The Game, in which Michael Douglas plays a Gordon Gecko-ish character who is drawn into a kind of LARP (Live Action Role Play) in which the role one plays is oneself, and it's the surrounding live action that is the play. I remember reading about this when it came out in the 1990s and thinking it sounded like rather a neat conceit for a film. So now I finally watched it, and it blew me away: an excellent film, IMHO. Word to Zeity, should you drop in: do grab this one from the shelves of the charity shop before anybody else gets it, because it's cracking stuff

And then some more of The Americans; and so to bed.

Goodnight all

Comment

"You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Morning all beautiful crisp winter morning dog walk earlier.
                      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Working...
                      X