• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Alias View Post
    Warm out there again...
    Not half as warm as it is in here.

It's cooled down to a balmy 26 deg C in my office now all the doors & windoze are open.

Comment

Morning denizens

Started out a bit cloudy, but it's turning sunny out there now

The cooker will be arriving around lunchtime, if the estimates are correct.

Comment

Unplanned day off

They have removed my remote access that I had reapplied just last week .

That means more days at Client Co sorting it out

Still lovely day, so mustn't complain
        The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Tired.

No meetings today as off-shore are all off

So will be writing documentation and doing other boring stuff.
          "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

hunting for a means of identifying 9000 records that look identical to the other 450,000 but aren't really...
            merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Just asked an agent on linked regarding what is clearly a contract or 2 in DWP whether its government work, and what framework and whether the ESS tool has generated a response regarding inside or outside IR35. lets see if I get a response...

Comment

Links are up - thought I'd better post them now, as the cooker is due to arrive in an hour or so, so I'll be ditzing around with that

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
                  hunting for a means of identifying 9000 records that look identical to the other 450,000 but aren't really...

In what way are they not identical?
                  There must be some way - perhaps a field is null when it should be blank, or by user id, date/time, etc

Even if you can just narrow it down. I had one last week where under certain circumstances an old record was being updated even after it was closed and that was creating duplicates in another table, it was 200 out of 42,000 records.
                  Got the list down to about 800 records by looking for things that were the same across some fields, then had to do the final checks in Excel but 800 was easier to check that 42k.
                  …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

The delivery van is now on my road!

That doesn't mean very much, as it's a long road - it runs from Exeter to Lincoln in a nearly straight line

But it's on this stretch of the road now. It's still got four other deliveries to make before it gets here, though

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
                      In what way are they not identical?
                      There must be some way - perhaps a field is null when it should be blank, or by user id, date/time, etc

Even if you can just narrow it down. I had one last week where under certain circumstances an old record was being updated even after it was closed and that was creating duplicates in another table, it was 200 out of 42,000 records.
                      Got the list down to about 800 records by looking for things that were the same across some fields, then had to do the final checks in Excel but 800 was easier to check that 42k.
                      The thing is that they should look very different and have whopping large amounts of empty fields (some explicitly so) and they don't

I strongly suspect that they haven't sent me the correct data set but I'm not calling them up on it until I have evidence (it means the entire project will be pushed back a fortnight)..

Comment

Working...
                      X