• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well have got a train that goes the long way round.
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
      Top movie!

Follow up with Ronin.
      Just did.

Unfortunately the 2nd hand dvd proved to have a couple of scratches which threw the remarkably tolerant dvd player a bit, though it continued once it got its act together.

Other than that, a fine film.

Mad as a box of frogs () but enjoyable.

No Queen Amigdala in this one.

Comment

Wonderful.

Woken up by a strange dream whereby I'd neglected to teach the esteemed customers about PIC assembler programming for unknown reasons.

The anticipation of tomorrow's unbridled joy must be preying on my mind.

Comment

Morning denizens

Grey day again. The rain seems to have moved on though

Comment

Sunday lunch was mediocre in the extreme & more than somewhat tasteless.

The gravy was crap and the lamb was not inspiring.

Quite disappointing really.

I look forward to tea, which will be another of those Morrisons steak pies that aren't as nice as the steak and kidney ones, with a side order of baked beans to keep the roughage element in the healthy <pfffffft> zone.

I should be farting like a good un tomorrow during the PIC assembler programming tedium.

I used to enjoy that* but something's changed in recent years.

*the PIC programming, just to keep it clear. I still enjoy the farting, especially since tomorrow's will be redolent of cabbage, sprouts, peas and baked beans. All I need is a nice bottle of Old Peculier and the lab should empty in seconds.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
              Morning denizens
              OK, OK, afternoon

Comment

That's the wall washed down in the kitchen; give it a while to dry, and I can fill various small holes, preparatory to putting on the first coat of paint

Turns out washing a wall that's about fourteen or fifteen feet long by nine or ten feet high is quite tiring, even though the bottom part is nearly all beneath worktops/the sink, and is therefore not being included in the current process

Still, I daresay the exercise is good for me. Trouble is, I could now do with a snack, but all food prep takes place on that side of the room which is currently under a massive dust sheet; so I'll end up eating crisps and undoing any health benefits that might have accrued

Comment

I've just been to a rare, whistle-stop tour of my local(ish) Morrison's and I must say I regret not being able to peruse longer (they close at 4pm and I got there at 3.30).

I was still able to buy some nice braising steak and a bashed in (but still looking nice) cherry pie - not only did they look good but they were excellent value for money.

I think I'll go there again next week but take longer while I do so - their butchers area looked particularly good.
                  "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
                  - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Originally posted by cojak View Post
                    I've just been to a rare, whistle-stop tour of my local(ish) Morrison's and I must say I regret not being able to peruse longer (they close at 4pm and I got there at 3.30).

I was still able to buy some nice braising steak and a bashed in (but still looking nice) cherry pie - not only did they look good but they were excellent value for money.

I think I'll go there again next week but take longer while I do so - their butchers area looked particularly good.
                    That reminds me of uni.... Visits to Presto / Safeway at 4:30 as things got discounted and the occasional trip to Gateshead's Tesco where things were stupidly cheap (it seemed to be a clearance store for a warehouse or two).

I remember there being pallets of biscuit tins in January at about 25p a tin...
                    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
                      On the basis that timing is everything - I've just sent a status report on the data upload I'm doing this weekend.

The fact I could have done it at 5pm is utterly irrelevant - firstly because I want the 5 hour leeway, secondly because why wouldn't you send it as late as possible on a Saturday night

Oh and its only got 246,000 unchecked records to load overnight at approx. 5 records a second
                      Spent 3 hours this morning getting the next data load working correctly (wish I could blame someone but its my fault it didn't work) and now 100,000 into the next load.

The load is split into 2 lots of 130,000 as I got a timeout issue after approximately 200,000 records some time this morning. That load can run again tomorrow night....
                      Last edited by eek; 12 March 2017, 22:39.
                      merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Working...
                      X