• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The deep fat fryer has been cleaned, and a large batch of chips in the format suitable for consumption with a casserole have been prepared as far as Stage I. Once they've dried for an hour or so, I'll get them through Stage II and pop them in the freezer. They should be ready for Stage III at just about the time the casserole is expected to be ready.

Oh, and I'm also going to make suet dumplings for the first time in my life

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
      The "slow cook for 12 hours then keep warm" aspect would fit in nicely with my current burdensome commute, but I'd probably forget to turn it on when I left
      This is a much needed innovation for the long distance commuter. That, or some kind of hydration system to top up the liquid if necessary.

Comment

Oh, and I'm also going to make suet dumplings for the first time in my life
        Piece of piss. A great idea, if a somewhat lardy option.

Comment

Originally posted by barrydidit View Post
          This is a much needed innovation for the long distance commuter. That, or some kind of hydration system to top up the liquid if necessary.
          The point about slow cooking is that what you are cooking shouldn't dry out so no topping up of the liquid needed.
          "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Till about 4 years ago, I'd never heard the Thunder Snow phenomena. It's done it every year since, including just now. Even though it's more sleet than snow at the moment, i'm counting it.

Comment

Originally posted by barrydidit View Post
              My commute is only a few yards, but i'm a lazy old git

Comment

Just wasted ten minutes trying to work out why a service was failing, only to discover that the VirtualBox VM it's running on had somehow lost ten minutes (probably when the Mac was sleeping while I dealt with dumplings) so the service's attempt to authorise itself to the Twitter API was failing

Comment

I shall report back this evening on the actual results achieved on this first outing
                  And the results are in. In my stomach, to be precise; and it was utterly delicious

The beef was amazingly tender, crumbling to the fork but holding together enough. And the flavour! Everything had commingled perfectly

I cocked up the dumplings slightly because I was adjusting the quantities from the recipe I'd found online, and I miscalculated the amount of water. But they were still really nice, and they'll be better next time

I almost regret having to freeze the remaining two or three portions rather than just eating the lot, but I want to make a chicken casserole next so it'll have to be saved.

Comment

Jaipur (10), Dormouse (17) first two to go.
                    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

TFBSZ
                      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Working...
                      X