• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    I just read a story about a Leicestershire hospital that has spent an entire years electricty budget in the last few days. The culprit is being sought....

Comment

Sounds like good news.

Cath Lab was probably staffed by locums who have been declared IR35 caught, and are no longer prepared to provide their services thereby causing queues of people so long they have to provide beds. You should ask

Comment

Lunch has been the all-day breakfast again

Didn't bother with a dessert today. Might have a sponge pudding this evening

Comment

Chap next to me complained of a recurrence of his chest pains earlier. Just now, while he was eating his dinner and chatting with his wife, a couple of nurses swooped in, made him lie down, and whisked him away, explaining that no they couldn't wait, they had to take him now

They took his dinner with him to finish at the other end of the journey, though

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
            Chap next to me complained of a recurrence of his chest pains earlier. Just now, while he was eating his dinner and chatting with his wife, a couple of nurses swooped in, made him lie down, and whisked him away, explaining that no they couldn't wait, they had to take him now

They took his dinner with him to finish at the other end of the journey, though
            Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
            I imagine there's a huge control centre in an underground cavern, with charts and things holographically projected and a voice on a Tannoy saying things like "Team B916 to Sector 5" from time to time
            Looks like it works then
            "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
              Looks like it works then

Comment

Lunch today was two-week cured honey mustard salt beef short ribs, served with fries, chilli chimichurri & pickles.

Courtesy of Salt Shed, part of the KERB crew.
                The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
                  Looks like it works then
                  That would explain where all the money is going then. I'd like the NHS to be run from a hollowed out volcano.

Comment

If the howling coming from the stove is anything to go by, Storm ChutneySpoon* is winding itself up. I haven't drawn the curtains yet today, and since it'll be dark in an hour or so I don't think i'll bother. There's another 25kg bag of coal lurking in the cellar so there's really no need to stir my arse at all today.

* I think it's C this time, but what it's called....

Comment

Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
                      beef short ribs
                      A discovery I made in Waitrose sometime this spring. They achieved 1000/10 at the first attempt

Comment

Working...
                      X