• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
    Could you knock up a quick powerpoint presentation and just email it to them?
    I've got my MacBook Air with me - if they can find a projector, I'll give them a lightning talk with stills from the echocardiogram and scans of the ECG

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
      Powerpoint is the work of the devil - as I look at the rest of my day which features a to do list of powerpoint slide deck followed by powerpoint slidedeck followed by flight home....
      There are some that suggest creating Power Points alone solves a raft of technical problems.

The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Originally posted by MrMarkyMark View Post
        There are some that suggest creating Power Points alone solves a raft of technical problems.

If the technical issue is a management arguing that word documents must contain the detail while powerpoint can be superficial highlights only then yes it’s a technical detail.
        merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
          Bunch of young doctors just been shown round having the various bits of the place explained to them…
          Not just young doctors, it turns out - it seems I'm here for the time of the staff rotation, when doctors switch hospitals. Anyway, a young and a not-as-young doctor just came to see me.

It seems my echocardiogram showed my heart to be fine, no damage. Also, my cholesterol is fine, and my blood pressure is if anything a little low - they put me on additional blood pressure medication when I was admitted, but now they're thinking of stopping it.

The doctor explained that as he's new here, he's not yet familiar with the ways of the Guardians of the Cath Lab, though he's already gathered that they are recondite and obscure (I'm paraphrasing). But the gist was that once the angiogram has been done, and possibly angioplasty along with it, I should be good to go

I think I've now reached the stage where I'm seen as almost certainly a bedblocker who should have the remaining stuff done ASAP so they can get rid of me. Whether this helps sway the GotCL remains to be seen…

Comment

It seems my echocardiogram showed my heart to be fine, no damage. Also, my cholesterol is fine, and my blood pressure is if anything a little low - they put me on additional blood pressure medication when I was admitted, but now they're thinking of stopping it.
            As you were then

The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Originally posted by MrMarkyMark View Post
              As you were then

Needs some sauce on that.
              "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Bunch of young doctors just been shown round having the various bits of the place explained to them, which probably means one of them showing up at my bedside in a while to get me to tell the entire saga all over again

Literally every doctor I've seen has had me tell the story from scratch. I know it's because they get useful cues from the way you tell it, and it also ensures they haven't misunderstood the notes, but it gets a bit tedious
                It could be worse. The young doctors could have been outsourced.

Expect a video link "we will cure you with much quickfullness. Please do the needfullness and tell us your full story. From scratch....."

Comment

Has DaveB just moved to Chelsea?

Chelsea resident lifts 22ft Christmas tree onto balcony | Daily Mail Online

Comment

Not just young doctors, it turns out - it seems I'm here for the time of the staff rotation, when doctors switch hospitals. Anyway, a young and a not-as-young doctor just came to see me.

The doctor explained that as he's new here, he's not yet familiar with the ways of the Guardians of the Cath Lab, though he's already gathered that they are recondite and obscure (I'm paraphrasing). But the gist was that once the angiogram has been done, and possibly angioplasty along with it, I should be good to go

I think I've now reached the stage where I'm seen as almost certainly a bedblocker who should have the remaining stuff done ASAP so they can get rid of me. Whether this helps sway the GotCL remains to be seen…

Comment

I just read a story about a Leicestershire hospital that has spent an entire years electricty budget in the last few days. The culprit is being sought....

Comment

Working...
                      X