• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by eek View Post
    Following on my mention of freeagent earlier in the week I've now found Xpenditure which integrates directly into Freeagent.

I did 50 expenses I've been putting off for weeks in 15 minutes last night all correctly identified and ready to be invoiced.
    Is this a receipt scanning device? I'm similarly new to FA - it has a camera app built in so you can capture images off a phone/ipad and link to your expense entry, but I must confess i'd prefer to have a pdf that I can store personally too.

Comment

Sausages and bacon in white finger rolls for lunch

I ought to be getting on with stuff like painting the kitchen, but I think I'll have a little rest first

Comment

Morrisons crusty pie thing with baked beans.

It wasn't as nice as the steak & kidney it must be said.

If I failed to mention the flat toad of a couple of days ago, I shall mention it now.

And flat toad number two was observed on the back lane yesterday evening after the rather eventful railway journey home.

I suppose I'd better do the dishes and get the lawn mower out for the first cut of the season's moss.

Of which there is much.

Comment

Originally posted by barrydidit View Post
          Is this a receipt scanning device? I'm similarly new to FA - it has a camera app built in so you can capture images off a phone/ipad and link to your expense entry, but I must confess i'd prefer to have a pdf that I can store personally too.
          It's software as a service and mainly an app.

In theory its got an approval process for larger companies and various other things but what its very good at is:-
          • Identifying what you are taking a photo of and getting the photo right
          • Scanning the correct values from the receipt including supplier details
          • Scanning your credit card bill and accurately matching the bits on there with the bits on the expense claim - that fixed a few currency conversion issues.
          • copying the receipts alongside the expense itself to freeagent.

You also get a separate pdf report that includes all the individual photos for backup purposes

The reason I went for it is that its £7 a user a month which is cheaper than the other software systems I've seen but its really the fact it just worked...
          merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Comment

beans on toast + marmite for lunch : now I am a vegan

Comment

Even my tea has soya milk in.

Comment

And 22 mile cycle with baby bp completed.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                    Even my tea has soya milk in.
                    Yeuch

Comment

Pulled the cooker out of its spot to clean beneath and behind. Luckily it's on castors, though the centuries of accumulated grease mean even they're a bit sticky.

It was fairly bad under there, even though I'd cleaned under it a couple of years ago

At least was free of mouse droppings and such. Also, I suspect it's accumulated grease in so many areas internally that it just sort of exudes it from various places when in use. A cooker in rented accommodation may have a long working life, but it gets limited experience of being cleaned in that time

Anyway, I got the floor clean quite quickly by getting down on my knees and scrubbing the lino with some cleaning wipes after soaking it down and scooping up the worst of it, but my efforts at cleaning the skirting board and wall behind it proved to be ineffectual with the materials to hand. So I made one of my occasional trips to the hardware store opposite for some sugar soap, with which I shall resume my attack on the problem after a short break, or maybe tomorrow if I can't be bothered

Comment

Working...
                      X